~TWENTY THREE~

The spring wind flowing torugh his hair. He walked trough the moonlight, on a Sunday evening. The stars glinstered in the sky. He looked up and that is when it started

His wrist started warming up, not too bad, like a candle turning to light and the soft warmth that comes from it.

When the warmth left He looked down, and he let out a soft sigh at the sight of his soulmates name.

Micheal Wheeler

It was in beautiful gothic writing, with a small flower next to it. A moonflower. And Will smiles at how much that is Mike, to bring beauty to the most depressing times of Wills life.

To bring happiness, soft feelings. The touch of their fingers interwining. Their closed off walls falling , feeling comfortable around one other. The only thing that matters is the other.

Will looked in at the stars, he didn't know alot about constellations, that's more Dustins kind of thing.

He walked back towards the Hopper-Byers residence. The trees were still bare but green started to slowly grow in the woods. A few days ago he saw a stag here. Just staring at him before galloping away.

He walked inside and walked directly towards the cabinet where the band-aids lay, grabbing one and covering the name on his wrist with it. When he finished his mom walked in.

"Hey honey" she smiled as she kissed his forehead, " it's your birthday now, sixteen. My boy isn't a boy anymore" she hugged him tight.

Will smiled at his mom, thanked her and pulled away to put the bandages back.

"You covered the name?" His mom observed.

"Yes I did"

"Do you like the name that's there?"

"I don't know" tears started bottling up in his eyes, he tried his best to hide them.

"Go to bed, honey, you look tired" Will nodded and walked towards his room shutting his door softly. He heard his mom turning of the lights and going to bed. Will drew till the sun was up, and he was totally axhousted, regretting staying up all night.

The next week was hell for him, not becouse of school, it was break after all. But becouse of his stress level. What would happen to Mike when he wakes up with Wills name on his wrist, glowing gold. Would they still be friends.

Nowone knew yet about the name on his wrist, he danced around everyone who tried to pull it out of him.

He knocked on his sisters door, what opened with a crack. El was sitting on her bed, writing on her notepad. The white clothes on her made her glow. She looked up and smiled at his presence.

She patted next to her and Will sat, wrapping his fingers around his bandages. He smiled nervously towards her, she looked at him and then his wrist and placed her notebook on her wooden night stand.

"I- " He tried but his mouth seemed shut, like it was a taboo to talk about his mark. Even if its all in his head.

She grabbed his hand that was pulling on the bandage and smiled reassuring to him. He sighed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked carefully.

He pulled his hand out of hers and unwrapped the band-aid, the name glinstering in the sunlight falling on her bed. She gasped softly at the name engraved there. And looked up as tears welled in Wills eyes.

" I- I didn't mean to have him as mine." She wiped away his tears, that were streaming down his face. " I didn't wish for this. I wanted him to be happy, that I just had unrequited love. " his vision welled up and El hugged him tight.

"It's okay. It's not okay. But it's going to be okay." She tried to be reassuring to him, rubbing circles on his back, while he just let it out.

Just a week and he would know.

"The moment you see him on his birthday I will hold your hand. I will try to atleast ground you. We could bake if you want, when the moon is the highest point. We will both fail our tests at school. But I will be there for you. "

Will smiled at her. His entire life he needed her. If she would've been around earlier things would look better. He loves her like a real sister, not half sister, a real one.

El called Max and Lucas that evening, they spent the evening watching movies, talking, enjoying themselves in their own little bubble.

The moment it clanged midnight, it was April 7th. This was the moment Mike would see his name on his own wrist.

El and Will spent the night baking, while listening to soft music playing in the background. Taking their mind of of everything happening in their life.

Feeling like it's just them, them against the world. The Brother and Sister bond keeping them alive. Everything could be going wrong as long they knew the other was alive.

The morning they had dark bags under their eyes, Wills eyes were watery, El leaning on her girlfriend and boyfriend in the halls, yawning the whole time.

Will walked close by them, scared to see Mike in the halls. He had tried to wear the same colours everyone wore this season to blend in. When school was over he wanted to get home as fast as possible, grabbing his bike and planting himself on it.

He raced as hard as he could, wind flowing trough his hair, a few drops of rain falling on his face from the rain last night.

"WILL!"

Will couldnt have stopped faster as he did now.

Mike was running towards him, all sweaty, mainly from the thick jumper he was wearing, and from the running. He was by Wills side, completely out of breath.

Will stepped off his bike and stood next to Mike, still catching his breath.

"I- phew, I- why won't you talk to me" Mike said, a pang of guilt went trough Will. They haven't talked in atleast 3 weeks. Oh god.

Will didn't reply, what was wrong of him.

"Is it becouse of this?" Mike pulled up his sleeve revealing Wills name, in gold, with as sunflower at the end. Will blushed and nodded.

"I just. I am scared Mike, I love you and I know what that means to me. But I don't want you to force yourself to love me. " Will sighed and looked at Mikes stunned face.

"But, I love you too Will"

"Don't say things you don't mean, Mike."

"I mean it. I would hold your hand trough your darkest times. Fuck, I have. I want to bring you flowers everytime I see you, I would live for you. I would leave everything behind just so that I could see your face for one last time. I write about you, letters, stories. To keep you alive is my priority, I'm not good at showing it but for you I would try. "

Will flushed at Mikes hand touching his cheek.

"I would love you in every life time"

" I would love you more. "

And they kissed, a warm, red light coming from them. Pulling them closer, with the wind around them. Their lips moving together like the water flowing trough the sea. Collapsing into eachother. Happiness flowing into both of them.

Wills hands around Mike's waist, Mike's hands in his hair. Feeling complete with the other.

♡♡♡
1247 words

I HAVE FINALLY WRITTEN SOULMARKS AU!!! (it was cringe but i love it)

I promise I'm done now for a while with the above 1k words shots. (I think)

I have an amount of things I want to write. But I also want to start doing requests!!! I will make a section in the introduction thingy.

I wanted to upload earlier but I got logged out, and forgot my password + Gmail wasn't mine. Luckily it got fixed

And then my dog bit me in my hand, nothing bad but it hurt alot while typing haha.

Hope everyone is doing alr!!! Stay hydrated and keep yourselves safe!

(91/90 days till PJ TV show :> IM SO EXCITED!!!! )