~TWNTY SIX~

Standing so close yet too far away to reach Will. Mike looks with full adoration at him, trying to put his books in his far too small locker.

"Let me help - wait," Mike said, grabbing all of the books from Wills pile of books he was holding.

Will sighed in relief and muttered a soft "thanks." He sorted the things in his locker so that everything would fit. Mike grunted after a while when his arms started to hurt. Why did he grab the books again?

Will mumbled done and grabbed the books from Mike, thanking him again. The pile was too big to turn around with, so a few books fell from the heap.

He's so endearing, Mike thought as he grabbed the leftover textbooks on the school floor.

Oh

Oh

He is down bad, isn't he?

☆☆☆

Mike was the only one still up after the shared attempt of the whole party to stay up all night. He rolled over, looking at Will.

Oh, he looked beautiful.

His face looked like a constellation, his faded freckles scattered across his cheeks, what only happened during the summer. He wondered if the freckles were all across his body, like a painting.

He looked so peaceful. After everything that happened, he deserves it.

Mike shifted a strand of hair out of his person's face.

He was beautiful.

If Mike were able to choose to love someone every lifetime, he would've chosen Will.

Wait.

Love?

☆☆☆

He took a deep breath in. Held it. And out.

"I think I'm in love with him," Mike says, voice slightly trembling. This is the first time he says it aloud, after 2 days. So, it's not that nerve-wracking. In front of Max of all people. "No- I know I'm in love with him. I'm in love with him!"

"Congrats on being the last one to find out," she says smugly. Grinning from ear to ear.

"What do you mean the last one to find out?" He started fidgeting with his hands, overlapping them, cracking the bones in his fingers.

"Okay. You are not the last one to find out. The only one who doesn't know is Will -" she rambled shortly. Mike starts overthinking immediately.

Everyone except Will knew?

"Don't worry about it. The guy is even more oblivious than you are!" She said, leaning back in her wheelchair. " Was that everything? Does your mom still have a little piece of that cake? I'm yearning for it!"

"Yea, yea, give me a minute," He said, leaving the room to grab a piece for them both.

☆☆☆

"I love you," Mike said, flower in hand. Waiting for Wills answer.

Will smiled and hugged him.

🏃🏃🏃

444 words

BOO!!!

Hope I spooked ya! I was bored so I will give you this 🤲🤲🤲

It's 2.30 rn... maybe I should fix my sleep schedule...

But loads of kisses and hugs to every one of you!!! :>

-C 🦖