Chapter 25

Neteyam found himself sneaking out at night; this time he was not even considering searching for his two Metcayina warriors. During the last month or so, Neteyam began spending more and more time with the Metcayina heir. Ao'nung slowly became a close friend, one that Neteyam treasured. 

Ao'nung was slowly lowering his walls; he still blushed every time Neteyam got too close, but Neteyam recognised a deep strength within the taller male, hiding and dormant. 

As Neteyam hurried along the beach, heart beating in his chest, he spotted a familiar teal figure by the edge of the tropical forests. Once he was standing next to Ao'nung, the reef na'vi grinned, flashing his fangs boyishly. Neteyam stood in front of him, his own smile blossoming on his face, eyes squinting in the corner.  

"Hey, beautiful," Ao'nung whispered, lips ghosting along Neteyam's, barely touching him. Neteyam leaned in, but Ao'nung pulled back, a smirk settling on his features. Neteyam sighed through his nose and swallowed thickly. He leaned up, trying to close the distance between them. Ao'nung let him come closer until the very last moment.

Neteyam laughed, the sound pleasant in the silent night, twinkling softly. Ao'nung placed his hands on Neteyam's hips, tugging him closer. He tilted his chin up, just out of reach. Neteyam widened his eyes innocently, peering up at the Metcayina. Ao'nung flushed, but held his ground. He flicked his his tongue over his lower lip and sighed out contently. 

"Nungie," Neteyam murmured, voice a low purr. "Don't play with me like this."

Ao'nung tilted his head, squeezing the forest na'vi hips. "What other way should I play with you, then, darling?"  

Neteyam bit his lip, tilting his head backwards – Ao'nung noticed his throat was void of his usually thick choker. The Metcayina gulped, eyes trailing over the bared skin. Neteyam swallowed, making his throat restrict noticeably. Ao'nung flushed, cheeks hot as he took a small step back.

Neteyam blinked curiously, trying to see what was bothering the taller male. His eyes fell to the Metcayina's loincloth before he smirked. "Nungie, you're acting like a teenager." 

Despite Neteyam's playful voice, the Metcayina's lips pursed and he let the smaller male's hips go. Neteyam's gaze softened. He stepped closer, pressing a kiss to the center of Ao'nung's throat swiftly, before the ocean na'vi could figure out what he was planning. 

"You want to take it slow–" 

"Yeah, fuck that," Neteyam snorted. "I've known you for nearly a year. That's long enough for me." 

Ao'nung took a shaky breath and took Neteyam's hand in his own, tangling their fingers snugly. They walked into the forest hand in hand, and it was only then, illuminated by glowing plants, that Ao'nung noticed Neteyam's unbraided hair. Ao'nung chuckled, realising that the little minx in front of him had planned this. Neteyam lead him deeper, already knowing a lot of beautiful, secret places from his less than innocent adventures (and from his solo adventures as well, when he ran from responsibilities).

A large, red flower was tucked safely into Neteyam's half pony-tail, a sharp contrast against the blackness of his hair. If was perfectly straight and smooth. Neteyam allowed Ao'nung to push him up against a smooth tree, legs falling open as he was picked up. Neteyam wrapped his arms around Ao'nung's shoulders and stared down into his arms, taller than the reef na'vi like this.  

Ao'nung leaned down and pressed a kiss to his nose. Neteyam smiled softly, locking his legs behind Ao'nung waist. Ao'nung held him, a hand roaming the Omaticaya’s body, rubbing over his torso, ghosting over a nipple – Neteyam gasped – but he did not go further than stolen kisses.

Neteyam had given himself to Ao'nung; the Metcayina refused to be rash. Neteyam was tempting; his hair fell down his back in a dark curtain, the large flower peeking out even as they faced each other. 

"What are you waiting for?" Neteyam cooed, placing a hand on Ao'nung's cheek. "I'm yours. Do you not want to take me?"

Ao'nung moaned softly as Neteyam tugged on his queue — he never noticed the forest na'vi grab it, too lost in his golden, glowing eyes. "Of course I do. I want you so much. I've wanted to you for so long."

"Then what is holding you back?" Neteyam smiled, eyes searching for the answer in Ao'nung's pale blue gaze. "I haven't been with anyone else in weeks. For you, Nung."

Ao'nung blinked in surprise at the sudden confession; it filled him with happiness and sadness all the same. He was happy Neteyam felt the need to be his more than anyone else's, but he felt a painful twist in his heart as well, knowing that Neteyam was insecure about his relationship with the warriors. 

"Neteyam, " Ao'nung whispered. "I do not care who you lie with, as long as your heart is only set on me." 

Neteyam flushed a deep indigo, ears twitching faintly as he glanced to the side. His tail wrapped around Ao'nung's waist, the tuff of fur tickling the taller male's side.  "My heart is yours, Ao'nung. Everything I am is yours–" 

Ao'nung pressed a soft kiss to a dark blue cheek, soothing the desperation in Neteyam's heart. Ao'nung handled the forest na'vi differently than he had any of his previous lovers. He refused to be rash and rough — only if Neteyam asked for it. 

"Nung?" Neteyam murmured, eyes twinkling with uncertainty. "Say something?"

Ao'nung ghosted his lips over Neteyam's own trembling pair. "Let me court you. Probably. Let me ask your father for your hand. Give you all the proper courting gifts. Would you let me do that?" 

Neteyam inhaled sharply and pulled back nervously. "You would do that?" 

"It's what I just said," Ao'nung smirked and chasted Neteyam's lips with his own, biting down playfully on the smaller male's lower lip. He set Neteyam down but did not pull back, chest to chest. "I see you, Neteyam."

Neteyam's eyes closed, lips falling open as he breathed out soft puffs of air. His head fell back against the tree – Ao'nung softened his fall with a hand on the back of his head. "I see you, too Nungie."

Ao'nung giggled at the nickname, cheeks burning as Neteyam looked at him, surprised. 

"You have a cute laugh," the Omaticaya grinned, heart fluttering in silly excitement, threatening to break free from his ribcage.

"Ah, but you are much cuter, baby tail." 

Ao'nung trailed his hand down Neteyam's body, slipping to his lower back before he tapped the base of his swishing tail with a single finger. Neteyam bit his lip. Ao'nung watched him fondly before a boyish smirk settled on his face, a fang peeking out.  "Sensitive?"

Neteyam nodded mutely as the Metcayina wrapped his fingers around his tail, rubbing the warm skin gently. Neteyam gasped out a moan, eyes glossing over with tears of desire. He hooked a leg around Ao'nung's hips, pulling him closer. 

Ao'nung smiled, peppering kisses down Neteyam's throat all the way to his shoulder. He did not stop caressing the thin tail. They slid to the floor, tangling in each other warm, passionate embrace. 

When Neteyam next opened his eyes, his head cushioned on Ao'nung's chest, it was morning.