Chapter 29

Neteyam felt relief wash over him when he woke up the morning after their second night in the cave. He nudged Ao'nung awake, demanding to go back to the village.

"What is the rush?" The Metcayina smirked, locking Neteyam in his embrace, lying on the soft blankets.

Neteyam grunted, trying half-heartedly to pull away. "I'm going to go crazy if I have to spend any more time with you alone in this stupid cave."

"You're still horny," Ao'nung smirked with a boyish laugh.

Neteyam shot him an unimpressed look, hissing. "Yes. Now let me go-"

Ao'nung grinned, flipping them over, pinning Neteyam to the ground. "Ah, but the two nights are over. It's different now. I could have you right here, right now, with the crab as our only witness."

Neteyam blinked in surprise, cheeks flushing as Ao'nung settled between his legs. "Ao'nung, what?"

"Didn't I tell you?" The Metcayina hummed, pressing a kiss to Neteyam's throat. "This was the last part of the courting before the bonding."

Neteyam shut his eyes, body feverish with desire.
"Can we?" He asked, voice soft and helpess. He did not feel like pretending to be the mighty warrior he was trained to be. "Can we bond? Can it be here? With nobody else. Just the two of us."

"It can be wherever you want." Ao'nung tugged Neteyam to sit up, holding him close, chest to chest. "However you want. With whoever you want to see it."

"Nobody," Neteyam breathed out. "Just you."

Ao'nung reached back, running his fingers over the base of his own tswin, his stomach felt like it was doing flips in anticipation. He wanted nothing more than to feel Neteyam's heartbeat together with his own.
Neteyam's lips quivered as he too reached for his queue and brought it forward, tender fingers holding it carefully, exposing the soft, twirling tendrils in time with Ao'nung.
Neteyam's eyes fluttered shut as the tender tendrils slowly swirled around until they formed a bond of a lifetime, binding two souls together under the watchful eyes of Eywa (and the crab). Ao'nung leaned his forehead against Neteyam's closing his eyes, ears twitching with the intensity of their shared desires and love. hey remained blissfully unaware of the world around them, enveloped in the light of the glowbugs twirling around them gently.

"I see you," Neteyam whispered into the silence, ghosting his lips over Ao'nung, settling with his legs on either sides of his hips, sitting in his lap. He slowly lowered their braids, letting it stay connected between them before he wrapped his arms around Ao'nung's shoulder, pulling him closer.

"I see you," Ao'nung murmured against his lips, chasing the softness.

Ao’nung took a deep breath; his heart felt so full, ready to burst. He wrapped his own arms around Neteyam's waist, grasping at his warm skin, fingertips digging in gently. Neteyam gasped, head lolling back. His lips were parted, and his eyes were half-lidded. Ao'nung grinned up at him and cupped the back of his neck, bringing him down into a kiss. Their eyes fluttered shut, melting into each other's touches, grinding their hips slowly against each other.

This was different from anything Neteyam had ever felt. It felt sacred, like Eywa herself was guiding them, taking away any discomfort they might have felt, leaving them feeling nothing but lightness, like they were floating on a cloud.

Neteyam was quiet as Ao'nung slowly untied the strings of his loincloth at the side of his hips. He helped Ao'nung, slipping out of them easily, kneeling in front of Ao'nung, holding his shoulders. Ao'nung's eyes trailed over the lythe, muscular form of the other male, taking in his glowing freckles. Neteyam swallowed, a blush coating his spotted facade. He placed a hand on Ao'nung's cheek, tingles coursing through his body. Neteyam shivered as Ao'nung turned his face to kiss his palm.