Part 1 : The longingness

Arnav stepped out of car and opened the door for Ayaansh. The boy had refused to even look at him.

"Ayaansh, we've reached." Arnav spoke to bring Ayaansh out of his trance.

Ayaansh nodded without meeting Arnav's eyes and followed the brothers to their home. Not his home! He knew that well.

Before Arnav could say anything to the boy, Aryan came running and dragged him inside the house.

"Finally we're home, Bhaiya. I missed my room very much!" Aryan said with a dramatic sigh.

Aniket whacked him. "24 ghante nhi hue Hume ghar se bahar rahe. Bas baatein karwa lo janab se."

"Haan toh? I love my room. Main aapki tarah do din me ek baar ghar nhi aata na." Aryan said with a mischievous smile.

Aniket glared him down and dared to look at his elder brother.

"Arre, Bhaiya, aap—" Aniket started but stopped as Arnav stared him sternly.

"Why weren't you home for last two days, Aniket?"

Aniket gave him a charming smile. "Do din kaha, Bhaiya, kal toh aa gya tha na."

Arnav sighed and shook his head before starting to walk away.

Aniket raised his hand to whack Aryan as soon as Arnav turned. Aryan yelled immediately. "Bhaiya, dekho Bhaiyu maar rahe hai aapke bache ko."

Arnav shot Aniket a look.

Aniket lifted up his hands in surrender. He had no intentions of getting whacked. He can deal with his little devil later.

"Dono Jake fresh ho jao. I'll make something to eat." Arnav walked away into the kitchen.

Aryan gave Aniket a teasing smile. "Aaj toh aapko ghar pe rehna hai na, Bhaiyu?"

Aniket was about to whack him again but Aryan jumped back in defense and smirked.

"Ek hi galti baar baar nhi dohrate, Bhaiyu."

"Abbe teri toh.."

Aryan laughed and ran away for his life. Aniket smiled. Aryan was the cheer of the house. They started living instead of surviving the moment Aryan entered their lives. Aryan was the treasure they would cherish for life.

Ayaansh stood there watching them longingly. For a moment he felt immensely happy to be at a place where a family was living together so happily. Unlike his family! The very next moment he was filled with inexplicable hollowness when he realised he isn't a part of the family.

He is a burden on them!

"Ayaansh."

Ayaansh looked at Arnav.

"You can take the room next to mine. Abhi wahan thodi problem hogi but I'll make the required arrangements as soon as possible. Tab tak liye adjust kar lo, okay?"

Ayaansh nodded.

Arnav sighed. He held Ayaansh's hands and made his sit. Ayaansh gave him a questioning look.

Arnav spoke gently. "Kuch bologe nahi toh mujhe pata kaise chalega tumhare mann me kya hai? Tumhe kya chahiye kya nhi? You need to talk, Ayaansh."

Ayaansh stood up. "Mujhe kuch nhi chahiye. Aap mujhe apne Ghar me rehne de rhe hai. Iske liye thank you, Mr. Singhania."

Arnav masked the hurt that flashed across his face when the boy called him Mr. Singhania but he respected Ayaansh's decision. None of them were ready for confrontations and acknowledgements right now.