Part 17 : Circumstances

Aniket lied down on his bed, disheartened by the turn of events. He had unknowingly ended up hurting both his brothers and that troubled him very much. Not for once had he thought Aryan will take his words to his heart in such a way. He was just thinking of going to Aryan when his little brother barged inside his room unceremoniously and jumped on the bed, rolling and sitting in front of him.

Aniket hissed seeing him jumping around carelessly. He waited for a split second to make sure Aryan wasn't injured before he whacked him.

"Kya hai, yaar, subah se aap aur Bhai maar rhe ho mujhe?" Aryan whined.

Aniket glared at him. "Dekh ke nhi chal sakta tu, Aru? Abhi lag jati na bed ke corner se."

Aryan pouted. "Kyun daant rhe ho? Mujhe aapke saath sona hai." He declared and before jumped again, sliding towards the pillow beside Aniket without looking at it.

Having no time to stop Aryan, Aniket immediately put his hand to the bed post to avoid the hit to Aryan's head. Aryan's collided with Aniket's hand who hissed but quickly pulled up Aryan.

"Bhaiyu..."

Aniket checked him for any injury. "Lagi tujhe?"

Aryan shook his head. "Arey bed se kya chot lagegi, Bhaiyu."

Aniket whacked him. His little brother threw caution out of the window with non existent wings of his brain. "Abhi kaha tha na tujhse bina dekhe mat uchhla kar? Samajh nhi aata? Lag jati toh?"

Aryan smiled. "Nhi lagti. Aap ho na!"

Aniket glared at him and raised his hand to whack him again but Aryan pulled it down. He gasped when he saw the blood oozing out from the back of his Bhaiyu's hand.

"Chot kaise lagi, Bhaiyu?" Aryan looked at him worriedly. "Khoon aa rha hai aapke haatho se?"

Aniket pulled back his hand. He already knew that. There was a broken nail piece near the bed post to which Aryan was about to collide with, that was why Aniket had shielded him.

"Kuch nhi hai, Aru.." He tried to shrug it off.

Aryan ignored him and took out the first aid from the side drawer. His Bhaiya kept first aid kits handy in each of their rooms without fail. They were all cut from the same cloth to excercise caution when it comes to self safety. He cleaned the blood and applied the medicine to Aniket's wound gently.

Aniket hissed slightly.

Aryan softened his touch immediately. His eyes filled up. "Jyada dard ho rha hai, Bhaiyu?"

Aniket put away the first aid and took Aryan in his arms. "Mai thik hoon, bachcha. Chhoti si chot hai."

"Sorry, Bhaiyu, meri wajah se..."

"Bakwas mat kar tu." Aniket hit his head playfully. "Meri galti hai maine itne dino se aise hi chhoda hua hai uss corner ko. I should have gotten it repaired."

Aryan looked up tensed. "aapko pata tha? Phir haath kyun rakha aapne? Pagal ho aap...."

"Chup kar," Aniket glared at him. "Bina dekhe kon uchhla tha? Mai pagal hoon? Tujhe lag jati toh?"

"Par aapne apna haath kyun rakha? Aapko..."

"Kuch nhi hua mujhe, tu pareshan mat ho." Aniket cut him off gently. "Dawai laga diya na tune, apne aap thik ho jayega."

Aryan hugged him. "Aap world ke best Bhaiyu ho, Bhaiyu."

Aniket pulled him closer.

"Bhaiya ko bata doon aapne jaan ke chot laga li? Kitna maza aayega na" Aryan said coolly.