Part 18 : Engagement

It was midnight when Arnav came back home. He had called at home to let the boys know about the situation. He sat down on the sofa and leaned back, closing his eyes. Both him and Aashika had a hard time convincing Atharva that he was indeed fine. There was nothing to be freaked about. They had managed to convince him to focus on the engagement for now and they promised to think about the wedding soon. Atharva was reluctant but in the end he gave in.

Atharva was a very lively person. He had been laughing around and cracking jokes even when he had suffered first heart stroke. Him behaving in such a way just because of being fainted was scaring all of them. Arnav wished Atharva's apprehension would be washed out by the joy of their engagement.

Arnav opened his eyes when someone placed a glass of water in front of him. Arnav reached for it gratefully. He rubbed his temple. He was having a headache again. His migraine got triggered in the worst of the times.

"Chachu thik hai, Bhaiya?" Aniket asked after a few seconds.

Arnav nodded.

"Ashi? Bohot upset hogi na?" Aniket asked concerned. "Mai court ki vajah se hospital bhi nhi aa paya."

"She's fine, Aniket." Arnav cut him off and got up to get some coffee.

Aniket sighed. He hated when his Bhaiya talked to him that way. He preferred the scoldings much more. He tagged behind Arnav to the kitchen who was putting the boiler to make coffee.

He stopped Arnav. "You need to eat first, Bhaiya."

Arnav freed his hands and made the coffee. Aniket stopped him again. "Kaha na, pehle kuch Khao aap."

Arnav picked up his coffee and left from there without a word. He knew Aniket wouldn't let go and he didn't have the energy to argue.

Aniket sighed. He warmed up the food and took the plate to Arnav's room. Arnav was just about to take first sip when Aniket pulled away the cup from his hands.

Arnav gave him an annoyed look.

Aniket ignored him and pulled him down to sit. He kept the plate in Arnav's hands. "Pehle khana khao aap."

Arnav didn't reach for the food. Aniket glared at him. "Subah se nhi khaya aapne, Bhaiya. You need to eat."

"Nhi khana mujhe." Arnav tried to protest but Aniket forced a morsel inside his mouth.

"Baad me ghur lo mujhe aaram se. Pehle khana khao, dawai bhi nhi li aapne." Aniket said and stuffed another morsel in his mouth without giving him a chance to protest

Arnav glared at him. "Bohot himmat badh gyi hai na teri..."

"Haan, bolo kya karoge?" Aniket smiled.

Arnav felt like bashing his head but resisted. Aniket could rile him up worse than Aryan. He stopped Aniket when he was about to put another morsel in his mouth.

"Kha loonga mai." Arnav said and started eating quietly.

Aniket's smile dimmed but he didn't say anything. Arnav looked up at him. "Tune khaya?"

Aniket nodded but looked away when Arnav stared at him with those eyes.

Arnav sighed and put a morsel in his mouth. He was drained out to have a argument.

"Naraaz ho phir bhi khilaye bina nhi kha sakte na aap?" Aniket couldn't help but smile. His brother could just not not care. Loving them was like his second nature.

Arnav fed him another morsel. "Khud kha leta, toh mujhe nhi khilana padta."

"Us, Bhaiya, us." Aniket said coolly as he looked pointedly at Arnav.