Part 6 : Budding relationships

Aniket saw Arnav coming out of Aryan's room and smiled. He was seeing his Bhaiya home after a week.

"Good morning, Bhaiya. Finally time mil gya aapko ghar aane ka?"

Arnav sighed. He was already very guilty about it. Aniket saw his state and frowned. He looked dead on his feet.

"Aap soye nhi na puri raat?"

"Aru ko raat bhar fever tha, Ani. Abhi jake bukhar utra hai uska."

"What?" Aniket was shocked. Aryan had dinner with him. He looked absolutely fine till then. What happened to the boy all of a sudden?

"Tune usko ice cream khilaya?" Arnav asked.

Aniket's eyes widened as he recalled how Aryan had tricked him in the evening and ate three tubs of ice cream. He felt like hitting his head to the nearest wall. Arnav would have his head now. He meekly looked at his Bhaiya.

Arnav raised his eyebrows. "Kuch pucha maine, Ani?"

Aniket took a step back. "Nhi, Bhaiya. Bilkul bhi—Ouch, ouch.."

Aniket yelped as Arnav caught his ear. He felt like a fool for even trying his luck. Nothing escaped his Bhaiya.

"Usne bola aur tu maan gya? When will you two learn caution? Usko na bolna kab seekhega tu?"

"Chhodo yaar, Bhaiya, lag rha hai." Aniket pulled away his ear carefully. "Jis din aap apne laadle ko na bolna seekhoge na uss din mujhe bolna aap"

"Kya bola?" Arnav glared at him.

Aniket held back the urge to roll his eyes. He didn't want to be whacked. He dragged Arnav to kitchen and put the boiler on stove. He knew Arnav needed to sleep more than the coffee but he also knew Arnav wouldn't listen to him. He never left their side whenever they were ill.

Arnav gratefully reached for the cup of coffee when Aniket handed him one.

"Tu thodi der Aru ke paas baith tab tak mai breakfast bana deta hoon." Arnav got up.

Aniket tensed. "Thoda rest kar lo, Bhaiya. You look completely drained out. Breakfast staffs bana denge."

Arnav shook his head. "Aru ko mere haath ka bana khana hoga, Ani. Vaise bhi uski tabiyat kharab hai. I don't want him to sulk for this. Don't worry, I'm fine. Tu ja uske paas."

Aniket sighed and walked out. His Bhaiya would put Aryan before anything else. That came as natural as breathing to him.

After some time, Ayaansh came into the kitchen to find Arnav taking out food in a plate. He didn't know why he felt so happy to see Arnav home. He didn't admit but he missed the early morning interactions he had with Arnav in the kitchen. He quietly walked up to the dining table.

Arnav looked at him and gave a tired smile. "Uth gaya tu? Breakfast ready hai. Tum khao, mai Aru ko khila kar aata hoon."

"Woh niche nhi aayega?" Ayaansh asked hesitantly. He was slowly getting used to Aryan's company in the house. When Arnav and Aniket left for work, it was Aryan who kept him involved in random stuffs whole day.

Arnav sighed. "He had fever whole night. He needs to rest."

"Kya? Sham tak toh thik tha woh." Ayaansh asked worriedly.

Arnav smiled a bit. He could see the love and concern in Ayaansh's eyes. He felt happy that there was someone among them who was able to go past the barriers.

"Don't worry, he's fine now!" Arnav reached out to ruffle Ayaansh's hair. "Breakfast kar ke mil lo usse. He will be looking for you."

Ayaansh looked at the retreating figure of Arnav. The little gestures always filled his heart with love he had never known before. He blinked off the moisture in his eyes and rushed behind Arnav. He was worried for Aryan. He needed to see him for himself.