Part 26 : The shared pain

Aryan got up from his bed and walked towards Arnav's room. It was almost one in the night and he was unable to sleep for some reasons. His head was hurting and all he wanted was his Bhaiya.

He was about to enter Arnav's room when someone caught his hands and dragged him back.

"Kya hua, Bhaiyu?" Aryan looked at Aniket.

"Bhaiya Bhabhi so rhe honge, Aru. Kuch chahiye tujhe?" Aniket asked. He had come out to fill water when he saw Aryan going towards Arnav and Ashi's room.

"Sar dard ho rha hai, Bhaiyu. Neend nhi aa rhi." Aryan siad wearily.

Aniket sighed and guided him back to his room. "Chal yahan se. Mai massage kar deta hoon."

They had just reached the room when they saw Ayaansh coming out in hurry.

"Ab tujhe kya hua?" Aniket asked.

"Aru room me..." Ayaansh stopped when he saw Aryan and sighed. He had gone to washroom and didn't find Aryan in bed after coming back. "Isse hi dekhne ja rha tha, Bhaiyu."

Aniket nodded, guiding them inside and settled down with them. Aryan cuddled to him as Aniket massaged his scalp with his fingers.

"Tujhe bhi neend nhi aa rhi?" He asked looking at Ayaansh.

Ayaansh looked away. He was feeling restless. Since the moment he had seen that hooded person, he was unable to shrug away the image from his mind. He felt he had seen the person before.

"Kya ho gya, bachcha?"

Ayaansh shook his head.

"Bhaiyu," Aryan nudged Aniket. "Mujhe Bhaiya ke paas jana hai."

Ayaansh gulped the lump in his throat. He wanted Arnav as well. He wished he could demand it the same way Aryan did. Somehow Ayaansh found it really endearing the way Aryan was rightfully asking for Arnav. Like a child asked for his parent! And truly that's what Arnav was to Aryan. His father in every sense! Everytime he looked at them together he was reminded of the relationship he shared with his parents and it ended up leaving him filled with sadness and longing.

He shrugged away his thoughts and turned to Aryan. "Bhaiya so rhe honge na, Aru. Subah mil le unse. Abhi so ja."

"Haan, bachcha, Bhaiya ko rest karne de. Tu aankhein band kar, aa jayegi neend." Aniket coaxed him.

Aryan was reluctant but gave in and closed his eyes. Even after good twenty minutes of darkness, sleep was far away from his eyes. Suddenly, he opened his eyes when he felt a warm touch on his forehead.

"Tu soya nhi, bachcha?" Arnav asked in surprise. He had been restless too so he came back to check on the boys.

Aryan shook his head and hugged Arnav's midriff. "Neend nhi aa rhi, Bhaiya!"

"Tum dono bhi nhi soye?" Arnav asked looking at the other two.

Both of them shook their heads. Arnav sighed. None of them could sleep when Aryan couldn't. That's been the tradition of their home. Ayaansh was no different.

Aniket got up to let Arnav take his place. He knew the boys wanted him around and Arnav wouldn't go back until they sleep. He quietly walked out of the room.

Arnav sat beside Aryan who was progressively cuddling up to him. "Aankhein band kar, bachcha. Aa jayegi neend."

Aryan closed his eyes. Now that Arnav was there he could convince himself to sleep. Arnav ran his fingers through his hairs and that was all for Aryan to fall asleep within minutes.

Ayaansh stared at them with a soft smile on his lips. They were perfect definition of father and son!

"Tujhe bhi neend nhi aa rhi?" Arnav asked, breaking his trail of thoughts.