Part 24 : Grateful to have you!

Next morning was a cheerful event in Singhania Mansion. Sharda was like a breath of fresh air. Ashi was delighted to have her around. Sharda was gentle and and had love filled aura around herself.

"Aap rehne dijiye, Maasi.."

"Mere haath ka bhi toh kha kar dekho, Ashi." Sharda smiled at her as she took the kneaded dough from her to make parathas. "Tumhare jitna achcha nhi par bura khana mai bhi nhi banati."

"Mera woh matlab nhi tha, Maasi.." Ashi said quickly.

Sharda laughed. "Mai toh mazak kar rhi thi, beta."

Ashi smiled. "Thik hai, aap bana lijiye aap jo banana chahti hai, maasi, par mujhe help toh karne dijiye?"

"Haan, tumhari help toh chahiye mujhe!"

"Boliye na, Maasi?"

"Hume guest nhi family ke tarah treat karogi?"

Ashi stepped back and let her take over. Sharda was being too kind in calling them as family, she could also do with a little bit of sharing. That was when Arnav entered the kitchen and was surprised to find Sharda.

"Maasi, aap kitchen me kyun.."

"Maasi wants to cook for us, Arnav!" Ashi replied before Sharda could. Arnav nodded and didn't press further.

"Tum kitchen me kya kar rhe ho, beta?" Sharda asked him.

"Pav bhaji banana tha, maasi." Arnav said as he took out the vegetables.

"You can cook?" Sharda didn't hide her surprise.

"Aapka beta professional se bhi jyada achcha chef hai, maasi." Ashi laughed. "Kha kar dekhiye aap!

Sharda's heart melted at how Ashi referred to Arnav as her son. She did love Arnav like her own son but she didn't get the chance to express that love.

"Aap kya bana rhi hai, maasi?" Arnav asked.

"Aloo parathe..."

"Ayu ko bohot pasand hai." Arnav smiled.

"Aur pav bhaaji Aru ko!" Ashi smiled. "Aapke laadle ki hi demand hai na?"

Arnav raised his eyebrows at her, giving a pointed look to the kheer she had already prepared. "Mera laadla?"

Ashi looked away. Aryan had been very upset last night when he had to sleep without seeing Arnav. Ashi just wanted to cheer him up.

"Aap bana lo pav bhaji, mai Aru aur Ayu ko dekh ke aati hoon ready hue ya nhi." Ashi walked out.

Sharda caressed Arnav's cheeks. "Aur tujhe?"

Arnav looked at her confusedly.

"Tujhe kya pasand hai?"

Arnav blinked his eyes. He didn't remember when was the last time someone asked him that.

"Bata na, bachcha. Tujhe Jo pasand hai wohi bana doongi." Sharada insisted.

Arnav composed himself and smiled. "Kuch bhi bana lijiye, maasi."

Sharda was dissatisfied with the answer but nodded with a smile. She couldn't enforce herself on Arnav. She loved him. He was the same child for her but she had to accept that they knew nothing about each other and each other's life. She was willing take slow steps!

Aryan and Ayaansh came down after some time and saw Arnav at the dining table. Both of them blindly rushed to hug him. Arnav was startled but then smiled and turned around to hug them back. Their hugs made his day!

"Have your breakfast. I'll drop you guys to school." Arnav ruffled their hairs.

That lit up their faces and they happily sat down in their places to have their breakfast. Arnav waited till the boys started eating and then started eating himself.