Part 29 : The depth of love

Ayaansh closed his eyes, accepting what seemed inevitable. He opened his eyes when he felt someone hugging him, so tight that he could feel the heartbeats. It was his Bhaiya's. For a moment there, everything felt so calm and safe, like nothing could hurt him ever! He smiled momentarily. His Bhaiya's smiling face was all he wanted to see before he closed his eyes... forever!

But Arnav wasn't smiling! Arnav's face was devoid of colour. And that's when Ayaansh realised! His blood froze in his veins.

Before he could react, Aniket rushed to hold Arnav who stumbled and fell in Aniket's arms. Ayaansh could see Aniket's panicked and fear stricken face. His mind refused to process what just happened.

"Bhaiya.." Aniket pulled Arnav's head to his lap. His eyes overflowed with tears. Arnav was bleeding profusely.

Ayaansh fell down on his knees and tapped on Arnav's face. "Bhaiya..."

His heart skipped several beats at once when Arnav blinked his eyes once and then lost his consciousness. "Aankhein kholo, Bhaiya.. please, Bhaiya, please.."

"We need to take Arnav Sir to hospital." One of the security came forward. The cops had already captured Manish. Arnav was their priority now.

Aniket's tears didn't stop but he nodded his head. He couldn't fall weak when Arnav needed him.

The security team arrived and they rushed Arnav to the hospital. Aniket let the security take over the wheels. None of them were in right state of mind to drive. Everything was blurred in front of their eyes.

Rishaan immediately took over as soon as they reached hospital. He looked at Arnav's condition and tensed. He needed to be rolled in for surgery immediately. "We need to take him for the surgery. Please chodiye inhe.."

Aniket gently pulled Ayaansh back who wasn't ready to let go of Arnav and took him in his arms. He was clutching onto Arnav like his life depended on him. Ayaansh struggled. "Bhaiya.."

"Let them do their job, bachcha. Kuch nhi hoga Bhaiya ko." Aniket swallowed back his own tears.

Ayaansh broke down in Aniket's arms. "Sab meri galti hai, Bhaiyu. Kyun aa gye Bhaiya mere aage? Bhaiya ko bolo na uthne aap..."

Aniket let him cry. He knew what Ayaansh was going through. He was himself going through the same. None of them were strong enough to see Arnav in such a condition. Arnav was their lifeline!

Ayaansh pulled back when he saw a nurse approaching them. "Sir, consent forms kon sign karega?" The nurse asked them.

Aniket took the forms and picked the pen to sign it. He reached to sign them but he couldn't. His hands were shivering badly while the stream of tears drenched the forms in its hold. He looked at his hands. They were soaked in his brother's blood that had dried off. His heart bled as he traced those blood stains. He gave up and buried his face in his palms to muffle his sobs.

He was trying to get a hold on himself when he was pulled in by a pair of arms. He looked up once and hugged the person. Ritvik took the forms from his hands and rubbed his back. Rishaan had called him and informed about the scenario. He knew what Arnav meant to the brothers. He blinked back his own tears as his heart twisted at the thought of how much Arnav meant to him as well.

After a few moments, Aniket wiped his tears and composed himself. Ritvik handed him the forms back and squeezed his hands. "Sign kar de, Ani. Arnav needs you!"

Aniket blinked back his tears, steeled his heart and signed the forms.

Ritvik looked around. He could only see Ayaansh standing outside the operation theatre. He turned to Aniket and asked gently. "Ashi aur Aru?"