Part 25 : Bhabhi

Ashi was surprised no one had wished her yet. Even before the marriage they used to celebrate her birthday with great cheer. But she understood there was a lot going on lately. She shrugged off her thoughts and walked out of her room.

As soon as she walked out, Aryan and Ayaansh came running to her. Aryan hugged her tightly.

Ashi smiled. "Kya chahiye humare sehzaade ko subah subah?"

"I love you, Bhabhi."

Ashi cupped his face. "I love you too, bachcha!"

Ayaansh saw how sad Aryan looked. He gently pulled him back from Ashi's embrace and looked at Ashi. She was looking radiant in that saree.

"Aap kahin ja rhi ho, Bhabhi?"

Ashi nodded. "Mandir ja rhi hoon."

Ayaansh hugged her. "Aap bohot pyaari lag rhi ho."

Ashi smiled. The way Ayaansh had warmed up towards her filled her with happiness.

"Aaj toh Bhaiya aapko hi dekhte hi reh jayenge, Bhabhi." Ayaansh teased.

Ashi hit him lightly on shoulders. "Bohot bolne lage ho dono. Chalo chhodo mujhe. School nhi jana?"

The boys laughed. Ayaansh kissed her on her cheeks. "Aaj Bhaiya ko drive mat karne dena aap."

They rushed out from there. Ashi stared at their retreating figures. Arnav had told her everything about Ayaansh's childhood. He heart went out to the boy but she was amazed at how easily the boy loved others even after not getting loved by anyone. That was Arnav in him. She has always wondered the same about Arnav. Ayaansh was proving to be Arnav's child in every way!

Ayaansh whacked Aryan once they were inside the car.

"Kya hai?" Aryan glared at him.

"Bhabhi ke saamne aisi shakal le kar do minute aur rehta toh sab pata chal jata Bhabhi ko." Ayaansh said drily.

Aryan looked away. He was feeling very bad about not wishing Ashi. It was him who had insisted on keeping the whole thing as a surprise but now all he wanted was to run into her arms and wish her.

Ayaansh sighed. "Bhaiya ne bola tha na we can still wish Bhabhi before the welcome."

"Par mujhe surprise dena hai.." Aryan mumbled sadly.

Ayaansh slung an arm around him. "Haan toh thik hai. Shaam ko Bhabhi ko hum best surprise denge. Chehra mat utar apna."

Aryan still looked crestfallen.

Ayaansh nudged him to look towards him. Aryan tilted his head and saw his favourite chocolate in Ayaansh's hands. A smile lit up on his face.

"Aap mere liye laye?"

Ayaansh blinked his eyes. Aryan had given him the same reaction back then. He wondered how the boy could give same reaction to two different things when he hated one and loved the other!

Aryan reached for the chocolate happily. Ayaansh smiled seeing the smile back on his face. He had caught on the trick very soon. A chocolate could lift up Aryan's mood any day.

Aryan ate the first piece and forwarded the second one to Ayaansh who denied. Aryan scrunched his nose. "Haan, aap karela hi khao!"

Ayaansh glared at him but Aryan ignored him without any remorse. "Karela kha kha ke aapki saari sweetness chali gyi hai, Bhai."

"Tu phir bola!"

This time Aryan glared at him. "Aap Bhaiyu se yeh buri baatein seekhna band karo!"

"Buri baatein?" Ayaansh snickered.