Part 13 : Fear of abandonment

"I'm getting bored!!!!!"

Aryan looked at his brother from corner of his eyes. Arnav hadn't even lifted up his head. Aryan had been purposely making noise around the hall where Arnav was working. He wanted his Bhaiya's attention and Arnav wasn't giving him any.

"Bhaiyaaaa!!!!"

Ayaansh shut his ear as Aryan continued to yell at the top of his voice. Arnav was royally ignoring all the drama going on as he continued to work on his laptop. Aryan peeked at him to see if his plan was working but scoffed when he saw his Bhaiya plugging in earbuds. He marched up to Arnav, pulled away his laptop, and settled in his lap.

Arnav glared at him. "I'm working, Aru."

Aryan scoffed and pulled out his earbuds as well. "Aap meri baat suno pehle."

Arnav sighed and shook his head. He sometimes felt Aryan was four not fourteen. "Bol?"

Aryan opened his mouth and shut it back.

Arnav could no more take it when his little brother repeated doing the same thing for third time. "Bolega bhi ya yahi karna hai shaam tak?"

Ayaansh chuckled. Aryan glared at him and then pouted. "Soch Raha tha kya bolu jo aap maan jao."

Arnav raised his eyebrows at his little brother who was being so charmingly adorable.

Aryan gave him a sweet smile. "Aapki engagement hai next week, Bhaiya, we need to go shopping!"

"No!" Arnav outrightly denied and turned to get back his laptop.

Aryan refused to let him work. "No, kya no? I want everything perfect, Bhaiya. Aapki sagai hai, sab perfect hona hi chahiye."

"Sab perfect hi hoga, Aru. Stop bugging me now."

"Arey aise kaise hoga, karenge tab toh hoga na." Aryan turned to Ayaansh. "Aap bhi toh bolo, Bhai? Mai akela hi bol rha hoon tab se."

"Tu akela hi teen ke jitna bol leta hai, meri bolne ki kya zaroorat?" Ayaansh taunted.

Ayaansh was yet to realise the change of dynamics between them. He had started laughing, teasing and even looking out for their company lately.

Aryan gave him a betrayed look. Ayaansh was supposed to be on his side. Why was he turning out just like their Bhaiya?

"Aapko nhi chahiye ki hum Bhaiya aur Ashi di ke liye sab kuch khud le kar aaye?"

That did the trick.

Ayaansh looked at Arnav. "Jane dijiye na, Bhaiya."

Arnav looked up taken aback. He wasn't expecting Ayaansh to speak up. Even though Ayaansh was gradually warming up towards them, he still seemed hesitant to reach out to him in particular.

Aryan bounced on him happily. "Ab toh Bhai bhi keh rhe hai. Leke chalo na Hume shopping, Bhaiya."

"You're grounded, kid. Better luck next time." Arnav got up and left to his study.

Aryan sulked. His favourite thing to do!

Aniket stepped inside Arnav's study to find him buried inside his laptop. Arnav looked up and felt like palming his face. His brothers were making it their life mission to drive him crazy with their theatrics.

He sighed, leaning back in his chair and gave a deadpan look to Aniket. "Jisne tujhe bheja hai usko bol he's grounded for this week."

Aniket mentally hit his head. "Bhaiya, suno toh—"

"Take him out and you will be the one not going out for two weeks." Arnav reminded the ultimatum and went back to his work

Aniket felt like sulking. He looked back at his younger brothers who were peeking from the door. He was sure his elder brother was going to put up a great show for his younger ones with him being the victim.