Part 15 : Assurances

"Where are we going, Bhaiya?"

Ayaansh asked for the umpteenth time. Arnav was sure that was the highest number of sentences he had heard from Ayaansh in less than an hour. He gave his little brother a smile before bringing the car to a halt and gesturing him to come out.

Ayaansh was annoyed. His Bhaiya had been driving for more than half an hour without telling him where he was taking him. He got out and opened his mouth to ask the same question but Arnav silenced him and gave a pointed look to their front.

Ayaansh looked up to see what he was being shown and gasped as soon he saw the board in front of him.

NEW ERA MUSIC CLASSES!

That was the best music classes of the city. It had been Ayaansh's dream to learn music. He could never voice it out to his parents. He stood mesmerized looking at the building and then turned to look at his brother perplexed.

"Hum yahan kyun aaye hai, Bhaiya?"

Shaking his head, Arnav started walking towards him. "Ab mai toh classes lene ke liye thoda late hoon na toh tu hi bacha?"

It pained Arnav's heart beyond words that his brother merely had any expectations at such a tender age. He longed to hear a word of tantrum from his little brother.

Ayaansh's eyes sparkled as he heard Arnav. A heart warming smile spread across his face and he dashed into Arnav's arms without a second thought. Arnav stumbled back due to the force but held Ayaansh securely. Arnav smiled patting his head. "Pasand aaya?"

Ayaansh nodded his head in his chest. Arnav pulled him closer and could finally feel his own heartbeat after last night. Ayaansh pulled back excitedly. "Aap sach me mujhe music classes bhej rhe ho?"

"Haan, bachcha, music seekhna hai na tujhe?"

Ayaansh bobbed his head. "Aapko kaise pata chala?"

Arnav caressed his face. "Agar tu khud aake mujhe batata toh mujhe jyada acha lagta par abhi ke liye I just got a lucky guess after I heard you singing."

Ayaansh's smile dimmed. He could hear the disappointment in his brother's voice. There was a lot of things he needed to clear.

Arnav noticed his sadness and felt guilty for saying it out. Ayaansh would still need time to be comfortable enough to come to him. "Ab muh kyun utar gya tera? Mai toh tujhe khush karne laya tha. Tere dono bhai tera aisa chehra dekhenge toh sochenge mai tujhe do thappad laga ke laya tha. Save me the torture and smile, Ayu."

Arnav said to lighten up the mood and Ayaansh's laugh told him he had succeeded.

"Kya, Bhaiya, aap Aru aur Bhaiyu se darte ho?" Ayaansh was trying to not laugh out.

Arnav raised his eyebrows. "Tujhe badi curiosity ho rhi hai jaane ki?"

"Haww, matlab sachi darte ho aap unse?" Ayaansh asked teasingly.

"Ruk batata hoon tujhe main.." Arnav raised his hand to catch him but Ayaansh laughed and ran ahead.

Arnav couldn't resist the smile that adorned his face looking at Ayaansh laughing so heartily. It felt like a huge achievement for him to draw the smile out of Ayaansh.

Ayaansh came back when he realised his brother wasn't behind him. He came and nudged Arnav. Arnav ruffled his hair and held his hand, starting to walk ahead but Ayaansh stopped him. He turned back questioningly.

Ayaansh hesitated. He wanted to say it but was fighting with his conscience whether to say it or not.

Arnav crouched down before him and squeezed his hands, encouraging him to speak.