Part 10 : Bhaiya

Ayaansh had the most peaceful sleep that night, surrendering his entire self to Arnav's love filled arms. For the first time since his childhood he could sleep on a dead black thundering night. He let go of his fears and soaked himself in that unfamiliar warmth.

Arnav couldn't sleep a wink. He kept caressing Ayaansh's head untill the sunrays started to peek in startling him out of his thoughts. Ayaansh's fear stricken face was frozen in his head refusing to get out of his system. Arnav looked at Ayaansh who was sleeping peacefully. He had held Arnav's shirt in his grip as if scared to let go of him.

Caressing his face, Arnav's heart broke when his face traced the tear strains on his brother's cheeks. Arnav had decided to let Ayaansh take as much time as he wanted to accept them but now he was determined to show the boy that he belonged to their family. He was Arnav Singhania's little brother and Arnav didn't stand tears in any of his brother's eyes.

Aniket walked inside the room and a smile bloomed on his face. Ayaansh had himself curled up in Arnav's embrace and Arnav was holding him close to his heart. The scene warmed up his heart and moistened his eyes at the same time.

He had seen Arnav holding a three year old Aryan the same way. He himself had been held by Arnav the very same way. He still remembered the night when Arnav offered his warm embrace for him to break down.

Arnav walked with an ocean of love and acceptance around him. Aniket blinked off his tears that rushed to his eyes. His Bhaiya had embraced them with open heart, never forgetting to care about them, healing their pain making it as his own, making sure they felt the love he had in his heart for them. Not for once Arnav had let them drift back into the darkness once he held them. Arnav became the parent for them he never had for himself!

Letting out a deep sigh, Arnav looked up to find Aniket standing at the door staring at them. "Ani?"

The voice broke Aniket's trance of thoughts. Aniket looked at Arnav once and crossing the distance between them, hugged him tightly from other side. Thank you was a meaningless word! He would never belittle his Bhaiya's love by saying that. Arnav was startled but reached out to Aniket with his other hand. He was squeezed in between his brothers.

Aniket pulled back after a minute and smiled at Arnav. "Good morning, Bhaiya."

Arnav relaxed seeing him smile. "Aaj subah subah Bhaiya pe itna pyaar kaise aa rha hai, wakil sahab?"

Aniket rolled his eyes. "Aap sirf mujhe hi taane dete ho na? Kabhi mujhse pyaar se baat nhi kar sakte?"

That brought a smile on Arnav's face. He loved the child inside Aniket. "Tune Aru ko sikhaya hai ya tu usse sikh gya hai?"

Aniket rolled his eyes again.

Arnav whacked him.

Aniket looked up in offence as much as shock. He thought his Bhaiya had stopped doing that. "Kyun maara?"

Arnav shook his head. Aniket sometimes forgot that he was twenty four. Way above the age for behaving like that! "I haven't forgotten the amount of liberties you're giving Aru lately. Khud gin lega ya mai madad karoon?"

Aniket opened his mouth but thought better of it and shut it back.

"He's grounded for a week, Aniket. If he steps out of home except for the dinner at Chachu's place in this one week then you'll be working from home for next two weeks. Remember that."

Aniket's eyes went wide. "Yeh kya zyaakhti hai, Bhaiya? You can't do this. Mai kaise—"

Arnav glared him down to stop him. "Am I clear?"

"Yaar, Bhaiya—"

"Am I clear, Aniket?" Arnav sterned his voice this time.

Aniket found himself nodding like an obedient child. He felt like a ten year old all over again! Arnav smiled with the realisation that he would never want his brother to behave any other way.