Part 11 : Arnav Singhania

Aniket and Arnav looked at each other once and walked inside Devraj's house. They had come early morning before the court proceedings had to start. Arnav ordered the security to stay behind untill the situation called for.

Devraj was reading his newspaper on his dining table as he shouted for his breakfast. A young boy came with the tray of food and started arranging the plate.

Devraj glared at him. "Kis baat ke paise deta hoon tujhe mai? Nashte ke liye das baar chillana pade mujhe iske?"

"Maaf kijiyega. Aage se nhi hoga." The boy quickly apologized with head hung down.

"Aage se hua toh anjaam bhi achcha nhi hoga." Devraj threatened and the boy nodded gulping down his tears.

Devraj ate a little and started coughing. He looked around for water and got angrier he found the jug empty. He shouted. "Paani kahan hai? Tumhe—"

Devraj gasped as a glass of water was thrown on his face drenching his entire suit. He looked up with blazing eyes to bash the culprit and found Arnav and Aniket standing there.

Arnav pulled a chair and made himself comfortable. "Paani dhoondh rhe the, socha mai madad kar doon."

Devraj stood up angrily. "Tumlog andar kaise aaye? Security—" Devraj turned around only to realise his people were nowhere to be seen.

"Koi hume disturb nhi karega, Mittal. Chaho toh baith jao. Apna hi ghar samjho," Aniket too sat beside Arnav and gave a smug smile. "kuch der ke liye hi sahi."

Devraj's eyebrows twitched. "Kyun aaye ho yahan? Court aane se pehle hi darr gye?"

"Apne naye ghar ka tour karne aaya hai, Mittal." Aniket said coolly as he started removing some files.

"Kya?" Devraj asked in confusion.

Arnav took the files that Aniket passed him and threw it towards Devraj. "Vacate the house in an hour, Mittal."

Devraj caught the file and threw it away in anger. "Mere Ghar me ghus ke mujhe mera hi ghar Khali karne ko keh rahe ho?"

Arnav shook his head and smiled. "Yeh tumhara ghar tha. Aaj se yeh ghar mera hai."

"Kya badtameezi hai yeh? Kya hai yeh sab?" Devraj banged his hands on the table furiously.

Aniket almost wanted to strangle his neck but he knew Arnav wouldn't approve of that. Yet. So he gave a sugar coated smile to enrage Devraj more. He very well knew how these people's mind worked. "Itni jaldi kya hai, Mittal. Abhi toh sirf baatein kar rhe hai hum. Badtameezi pe aana baaki hai."

"Tujhe toh—" Devraj stopped as his phone and the other landlines in house started ringing at once.

"Pick it up, Mittal." Arnav said in a commanding voice. His voice was calm. Extremely calm. But not the kind of calm that soothed you, it was as calm as that of cold dead black sea that could scare the very soul within you.

Devraj felt the panic shoot up his spine. Against his mind's control his hands obeyed Arnav and picked up the phone. Whatever was said from the other side made his blood cold. He looked at Arnav dumbfounded. Who was this person sitting in front of him?

Aniket took a deep breath when he saw the look. He knew they had won the first battle. He took out some more files and handed to Arnav within a word.

Arnav slid the files across table towards Debraj who was still shocked with how fast the tables had turned. "You'll like to have a look at these, Mittal."

Devraj grabbed the files. His face started draining its colour as he flipped through the pages. All his illegal dealings, drugs scandals, child labour and every other wrong business of his was pasted in front of him with proofs and evidences. Devraj felt his world spinning. He would be behind bars for life if this went out.