Part 3 : Realisations

Aniket rushed inside the hospital and looked around for Arnav. Arnav had called him and informed everything. Aniket was shocked with the turn of events and had rushed out leaving the client midway. He couldn't leave his Bhaiya to deal with everything all alone.

Arnav was getting restless by each passing second. It's been over two hours and the boy had not regained consciousness. Doctors told Arnav that Ayaansh was doing fine. He had brought Ayaansh to the hospital in the right time but Arnav couldn't rest till Ayaansh opened his eyes.

"Bhaiya!"

Arnav looked up at Aniket and relaxed.

"Kaisa hai woh, Bhaiya?"

"Doctors said he's fine, Ani but he hasn't opened his eyes yet."

Aniket held Arnav's hands. "Aap theek ho?"

"He had an allergy attack, Ani."

Aniket gasped.

His eyes filled up and he immediately hugged Arnav.

Arnav deepened the embrace.

Arnav pulled back when he saw the doctor coming their way.

"How's he, Rishaan?"

"He is doing fine, Bhai. You got him here in right time. But take care from next time. The boy seems to be severely allergic to whatever he ate last."

Dr. Rishaan Birla replied. Rishaan was their family doctor and it didn't hurt that he was Aniket's best friend. The help was available the moment they asked for it.

"We'll take care, Rishi. Can we meet him?" Aniket asked.

"Not yet, Ani. He hasn't opened his eyes yet. We'll monitor him for some more time." Rishan said and left as someone called him.

"He's fine, Bhaiya. Aap jyada stress mat lo, please."

Arnav nodded but he was worried. He looked at Aniket. He could always feel his brother's emotions.

"Tu theek hai, Bacha?"

Aniket blinked off the tears that rushed to his eyes.

Arnav hugged him. "Sab theek hai, Ani. Kuch nhi hua hai. Beeti baatein mat soch."

Aniket deepened the hug before pulling back. "Mai thik hoon, Bhaiya. Ayaansh bhi thik hai. Aap chinta mat karo."

Arnav nodded. Suddenly he remembered something. They had not informed Aryan.

Arnav looked at Aniket. "Tu ghar ja, Ani. It's already late. We haven't even informed Aru."

Aniket shook his head. "Mai aapko akela chod kar nhi jaunga, Bhaiya. Aru ko bol deta hoon we'll be late."

"Zidd mat kar, Ani. Aru darr jayega. Rishi ne kaha na sab thik hai. You look exhausted. Go home. I'll call you if needed."

"Bhaiya—"

"Go home, Aniket."

Aniket sighed. He knew Arnav was putting his own worry aside to make him feel better. He didn't want to leave but Arnav's stern voice always had the desired effect on them. They were sort of hardwired to obey Arnav whenever he took that tone.

Aniket was just going to the canteen to get some coffee for his Bhaiya when he collided with Rishaan.

"Acha hua tu mil gya, Ani." Rishaan said.

Aniket could read the worry on his face. "Kya hua, Rishi? Ayaansh thik.."

Rishaan shook his head. "Ayaansh abhi bilkul thik hai, Ani."