Part 20 : Ayaansh Singhania

Arnav came back home early that day. It was a weekend and the boys would want to spend time with him. He smiled when he entered the kitchen to cook something and saw his wife laughing with his brothers over something.

"Bhaiya na ekdam khadoos hote ja rhe hai, Bhabhi. Kuch karo aap unka!" Aryan complained as he munched on the snacks cheerfully.

"Haan, Bhabhi, humare sehzade ko raat bhar games khelne de phone pe, kaho aap Bhaiya se." Ayaansh took a jibe.

Aryan glared at him. "Kiski side ho aap?"

Ayaansh shrugged coolly.

Aryan turned to Ashi. "Dekho, Bhabhi, sab pareshan kar rhe hai mujhe..."

Ashi came and caught his ears. "Raat ko games khelne mana kiya hai na Arnav ne kitni baar? Kyun khel rha tha?"

Aryan hugged her midriff and gave an exaggerated wail. "Aap toh meri side lo, Bhabhi. Bhaiya ko na phone confiscate karne me maza aata hai bas, jab exams me raat ko der tak padhate hai toh books toh confiscate nhi karte?"

Ayaansh burst out laughing listening to that. Aru did have a valid point! The boy could win wars with words!

Ashi glared at Aryan.

Aryan gave her a charming smile and kissed her cheeks. "Ghurne ke liye Hitler kaafi hai, Bhabhi."

Ashi was charmed but schooled her expressions. "Agli baar se tere Bhaiya nhi, mai loongi tera phone aur saath hi laptop bhi."

Aryan's eyes widened. "Bachche pe thodi toh daya karo, Bhabhi."

Ashi smiled and ruffled his hairs. "So much of screen time isn't good for you, Bachcha."

Aryan pouted. "Achchai dekhne wale ki aankh me hoti hai na, Bhabhi."

Arnav leaned onto the wall, amused to hear his younger brother. It was like listening to a younger Aniket.

Ayaansh shook his head and leaned closer to Ashi, whispering to her. "Iska kuch nhi ho sakta, Bhabhi. Bhaiya dropped him on head when he was a kid."

Ashi couldn't help chuckling.

"Kya bola aapne Bhabhi se? Mujhe bhi..." Aryan noticed Arnav and yelled dramatically. "Dekho, Bhaiya, kaise pareshan kar rhe hai sab mujhe."

Arnav walked in and raised his eyebrows at Aryan. "Bhaiya? Hitler nhi?"

Aryan bit his lips.

"Use chodiye, Arnav, aap jaiye aur fresh ho kar aaiye." Ashi intervened and Arnav turned from his little brother to his wife. "Dinner me help kar dijiye aap aake." She quickly added.

Arnav was impressed. His wife knew what would exactly work. He looked at his younger brothers who looked away with a smug smile on their faces. He smiled and turned to leave but remembered something.

"Ani Kahan hai?"

"Late aayega bol ke gaya hai." Ashi replied.

Arnav nodded and left. Aryan ran behind him. Ashi saw Ayaansh smiling looking at their retreating figure. "Kya dekh rha hai, Ayu?" She asked gently.

"Kuch nhi, Bhabhi." He said but his eyes conveyed his feelings to Ashi. Ashi smiled softly as she caressed his cheek with one hand. Everytime she looked at him, she could see the world of emotions swirling behind those eyes. It was as if the boy was smiling on the front while his eyes carried all the weight of the world in them. And suddenly it dawned upon her. Those were Arnav's eyes! The replica of exactly those she had fallen in love with. May be that was the reason Ayaansh tugged at her heartstrings since the very first time she saw him. Her eyes filled up with the realisation!