ii ~ Capture the Flag

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter two ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
002. Capture the Flag

└────── •✧• ──────┘

The week passed by fast. Each day was just like the rest for Cassie.

Arguing with Annabeth over gods know what and training. She overworked herself, trying to get stronger like her siblings.

Cassie wasn't as big as them, so she was often teased when she was first claimed.

She quickly gained a reputation though and her siblings decided to make fun of other people.

The daughter of Ares had many friends though. Like Connor and Travis Stoll. Two sons of Hermes who had the same last name and looked practically identical but weren't twins.

Cassie joked that they were separated at birth and final found each other. It was also an inside joke that they were the demigod version of the Weasley twins.

They had come up to Cassie during her normal practice time.

She wore a red tank top that showed her black sports bra. Her classic jean shorts and red converse were the rest of the outfit.

"Hey Li!" The Stoll twins spoke in unison.

The nickname came from her middle name, Anneliese. Cassie whipped around at the familiar nickname.

"Boys." She nodded in greeting, waving her sparing partner off to have a break.

She grabbed her water bottle and took a sip. Turning back, the Stolls were looking at her eagerly.

"What's up?"

"Did you hear about the new kid?" Travis spoke.

"Hear what about Percy?" Cassie hadn't heard anything other than the trash talk on her cabin after Percy's bathroom stunt. She didn't care what the others thought though.

"How he beat Luke today!" Connor answered.

"What do you mean beat because if he got Luke Castellan bloodied and bruised, you two should've gotten me sooner."

"No, not beat up." Connor disagreed, disappointing Cassie.

"He dumped water on himself and then disarmed Luke." Travis clarified.

"Oh. . . wait. Did you say he dumped water on himself?" Cassie questioned.

"Yeah."

"Interesting, but thanks for telling me boys."

Travis and Connor smiled before running off to go prank someone. Cassie headed back to her cabin to sleep.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

Friday evening was finally here and that meant it was time for capture the flag. After everyone finished eating, the plates were cleared, and the conch horns sounded. All the campers stood up.

They shouted and applauded when Annabeth and two of her siblings came running in with their silk banner.

It was gray and had an owl and an olive tree depicted on it.

Then, from the opposite side, Clarisse, Cassie, and one of their siblings brought their banner.

It was blood red and had a spear and boar's head on it.

Chiron announced the teams. Athena had teamed up with the two biggest cabins, Apollo and Hermes.

Ares had gotten the rest, Dionysus, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, and Demeter. Cassie wasn't so sure about their alliances.