xii ~ A Cocky Cyclops Gets Caught in a Chasm

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter twelve ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
012. A Cocky Cyclops Gets Caught in a Chasm

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Cassie had never wanted to stab someone more than right now.

Actually that's a lie. Cassie like stabbing people. Monsters especially. It was fun and they deserved it.

But that's not the point.

"I got Nobody!" Polyphemus cheered jumping in the air giddily.

The four peered into the cave entrance and there the cyclops was, holding what looked like nothing.

But they knew better.

The monster shook his fist up and down and a blue yankees cap fell out.

Annabeth became visible, currently dangling upside down in the cyclops' grasp.

"Hah! Nasty invisible girl! Already got feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!" Polyphemus decided.

Annabeth tried to wriggle out of his clasp but she was falling in and out of consciousness.

The huge gash in her forehead was probably responsible for that and her blank stare.

"Like she'd ever want to marry you!" Cassie scoffed, holding back from running at the cyclops and cutting his arm.

"Cas!" Percy called to get her attention. "I'll rush him. Get to our ship around the back of the island. You can lead Clarisse and Grover—"

"No way," All three chorused.

Clarisse was holding a ram's horn spear from somewhere in the cave. Grover had a left over sheep's thigh bone, which he would use to attack even though he wasn't that happy about it.

Cassie had her signature electric red sword in her hand and her red flame sunglasses on. The scowl on her face only grew every time she looked at Annabeth.

"We'll take him together," Clarisse argued, teeth clenched.

"Yeah," Grover agreed with her for the first time ever.

Cassie nodded, swinging her sword. "Besides, we can't leave blondie's life in your hands. She'd be dead in less that a minute."

She chuckled at the boy's offended face. "Don't act like it's not true."

Percy responded with the middle finger, only drawing more laughter from Cassie.

"All right. Attack plan Macedonia." Percy suggested, focusing back on the task at hand.

The three nodded in understanding. Training at the same camp had its perks.

Each would take one side of Polyphemus while Percy drew his attention forwards.

There was a possibility they'd all ended up dead together but at least they were there to help one another.

Percy waved his sword in the air. "Hey, Ugly!"

The cyclops spun around, blinking to try and get a better look.

"Another one? Who are you."

"Put down my friend. I'm the one who insulted you!"

"You are Nobody?"

"That's right, you smelly bucket of nose drool." Percy's insults sucked.

Cassie was busy laughing her ass off at how terrible Percy was doing. She was currently wiping away tears from laughing so hard.