x ~ Brainiac Gets Serenaded But Not By Cass

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter ten ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
010. Brainiac Get Serenaded But Not By Cass

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Wow, Percy wasn't completely useless!

Just kidding of course, but Cassie wouldn't admit that to the boy. He'd be too cocky about it.

She had to admit though, he was doing a good job controlling the ship.

It seemed to listen to all of his orders and Percy seemed to know what he was doing.

He knew how fast they were going, which direction to turn, everything was perfect.

But now, Tyson and Grover were the only thing on his mind. He kept thinking back to Circe's island.

He would've been stuck there if it wasn't for the girls. The son of Poseidon thought of Circe's words: "See, Percy? You've unlocked your true self!"

He did feel changed. More jumpy and scared, like he was still a little animal.

And that worried Percy. Because deep down what if that had always been part of him?

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

They sailed all night.

Annabeth offered to help keep lookout but quickly rushed to lie down as a nauseating feeling came over her.

That left Cassie and Percy above deck to their boredom. Cassie took the opportunity to cut her hair back to its uneven lengths.

It was barely at her shoulders now but she'd had it shorter before so she didn't mind the difference.

The red streaks stood out in the dark and Cassie fiddled with the strands.

She watched the sea in silence with Percy and many times, monsters would pop up in the waves.

The son of Poseidon even saw Nereids and tried to wave, but they vanished before he got a response.

Cassie chuckled at his disappointed face. He looked like a pouting baby seal.

Percy rolled his eyes and glared playfully. "Shut up Casanova."

"Don't mind me Barnacle Boy!" Cassie laughed back.

Percy scoffed but a smile made its way onto his face. That was until he remembered Grover.

"You think Grover's doing all right? You know with the cyclops and all?"

Cassie's face dropped into a grimace at the question.

"He'll be fine Perc. He's the strongest satyr we know. Besides, you've seen his with your empathy link." She reassured.

Percy nodded. "Yeah, he is the strongest."

"And he makes a pretty good Cyclops bride." Cassie grinned.

Percy let out a laugh. "Can't argue with that."

The brunette smiled, at least the son of Poseidon was laughing now. Life was too short to be worrying all the time.

Cassie had vowed to protect him and she planned to do just that. She'd protect them all if she could, no matter what.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

Annabeth joined them around midnight. They were making it past a volcano island.

It was so hot the sea bubbled and smoke floated out.