viii ~ Cassie and Clarisse are an Explosive Duo

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter eightˏˋ°•*⁀➷
008. Cassie and Clarisse are an Explosive Duo

└────── •✧• ──────┘

A prisoner on her own sister's ship. Cassie didn't think Clarisse could stoop that low to imprison her.

Right now, Clarisse is probably telling Cassie to shut up and that she isn't really a prisoner.

But from what Cassie recalled, she was a prisoner. I mean Clarisse did start it . . .

Annabeth had rushed Cassie onboard as soon as she could.

The blonde had scooped the brunette up and ran to the ship's med bay. Well it was the room with ambrosia and bandages so med bay enough.

Cassie was immediately plopped in a chair with another one supporting her leg. Her face was bright red and she couldn't stop blushing.

"I—erm . . . wh-what was that for?"

Annabeth ignored the question.

"You're an idiot, you know that Carter?"

"You've told me that before." Cassie shrugged, calming down.

"Well I really mean it this time. What were you thinking?"

"That I could keep Percy safe. We did make a vow after all."

"So you risk dying in the process?!" Annabeth exclaimed.

She grabbed Cassie's chin, tilting her face to the side. It gave her better access to the wounds on Cassie's cheek and neck.

Annabeth got some disinfectant on a cotton pad and rubbed it on Cassie's wounds.

The brunette scrunched her face because of the pain but didn't say anything.

After a few minutes of silence, Annabeth got some ambrosia and held it out. Cassie took on it, stuffing it in her mouth.

"Better me than him." The daughter of Ares finally responded, mouth full.

"What do you mean?" Annabeth asked, not understanding what she meant and not just because she was speaking with a full mouth.

The blonde had forgotten her previous question as she knelt down to inspect Cassie leg.

There had been a wide bloody cut, but with the help of the ambrosia all that was left was a scar.

"It's better I get hurt than Percy." Cassie clarified.

"No it's not." Annabeth denied.

"And why's that blondie? You'd worry about me too much." Cassie smirked.

"In your dreams, Warpath. But, you're just as important as Percy. If not more . . ." Annabeth mumbled the last bit to herself.

Cassie didn't hear what she said last but didn't mind it.

"Whatever you say, Brainiac. Now come on! We passed a gunnery deck on the way here and I'm pretty sure there's Dr. Peppers in the Captain's quarter."

Cassie jumped up but immediately crumpled. Annabeth caught her and put her back on the chair.

"Ow! Why didn't the ambrosia work?" The brunette whined in pain.

Annabeth scoffed, rolling her eyes playfully. "You didn't eat enough to completely heal that big of a wound. Problem is there isn't more we can give you."