iv ~ Bus Goes Boom

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter four ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
004. Bus Goes Boom

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Cabin five was not happy about Cassie going on the quest. With Percy nonetheless! The punk who ruined their reputation.

Cassie just ignored most of their comments as she packed. She got three pairs of clothes, her strategy book, and her red polaroid camera.

She also stocked up on weapons even though she could summon one whenever she wanted.

That was a power from Ares whether he meant it or not.

Like the rest of cabin five Cassie had telumkinesis (that's what Annabeth said it was called). They could easily use any type of weapon without any experience.

Somehow Cassie got a more powerful version and could summon any weapon she wanted. Like the bow during the hell hound attack.

It was useful during battles and hopefully on the quest. Still she shoved daggers and knives in her bag and in her pockets.

Once she finished packing she joined her other quest mates.

Chiron was busy teaching Percy and Annabeth about drachmas. When Cassie arrived he finished his short lesson and gave them each a canteen of nectar and a bag of ambrosia squares.

He warned them to only use it for emergencies because too much could cause fatal consequences.

Annabeth had brought her Yankees cap (that she got back from Cassie).

She told Percy it was a birthday gift. The blonde had an architecture book in ancient Greek in her bag.

If Percy thought that the knife hidden in her shirt would get them caught when they went through a metal detector, he hadn't seen Cassie's stock.

They waved goodbye to their siblings and friends. taking one last look at camp, the group went to Thalia's tree on top of Halfblood hill.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

Chiron was waiting for them there. Next to him was Argus, the head of security.

It made sense because he had eyes all over his body. His chauffeur outfit covered most of the eyes except the ones on his hands, face, and neck.

"This is Argus. He will drive you into the city, and, er, well, keep an eye things." Chiron informed Percy.

There were footsteps behind them. Cassie swiveled in her red converse high tops. Luke was running up the hill carrying. . . basketball shoes?

He put his hands on his knees and caught his breath. "Hey. Glad I caught you."

Cassie saw Annabeth blush and she scowled. It was obvious that the blonde had a crush on Luke Castellan. Many girls did.

Cassie thought it was gross. Just the idea of it made her want to throw up. Love was disgusting and boys were even worse. Why like a guy?

Besides, Cassie didn't believe in love.

Her mom didn't love her. Unless love means to 'toss someone onto the street and tell them to fend for themselves'.

If that was the case, then yes Andrea Carter loved her very much.

Ares didn't love her. The gods didn't have time for their kids, but a quick hello or even a sign would be nice. Cassie learned not to expect that from the War God.