vii ~ Kelphead Basically Dies . . . Again

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter seven ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
007. Kelp Head Basically Dies . . . Again

└────── •✧• ──────┘

They sat on the train for two days trying to stay unsuspected.

Percy was on the cover of multiple newspapers after the bus incident.

Cassie was reading a newspaper about it when Percy snatched it from her hands to look over it.

"At least you can say you were famous once." Cassie said.

Annabeth made a face at the girl next to her. Grover called the seat next to Percy so they were forced next to each other. It seemed to happen a lot on the quest.

"Don't worry. Mortal police could never find us." Annabeth tried to reassure him.

"Yeah. Just like how they totally didn't find me that time I hit a kid with a baseball bat." Cassie replied sarcastically.

No one wanted to hear that story. They just entertained themselves the rest of way there.

Percy paced, not being able to sit still. Cassie fiddled with the red flannel around her waist, bouncing in her seat.

Annabeth stared out to window and Grover blew softly on his reed pipes.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

Night came quick. Percy was asleep trying to refrain from drooling. He kept waking up due to Grover's snoring.

Cassie was wide awake, staring into the dark. Eventually she had gone to sleep after a conversation with Annabeth.

"Get some sleep, Carter."

"Since when did I listen to you, Chase?"

"Look, I don't care about you, but if you really wanna be useful, a sleep deprived daughter of Ares isn't going to be."

"Whatever."

Cassie studied Annabeth's face for a moment before turning on her side, facing away from the girl and dozing off.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

Cassie was a heavy sleeper and didn't wake up because of Grover, like Annabeth and Percy did.

She did wake up after Percy told Annabeth about his dreams.

They were discussing the voice he heard and Hades.

Cassie shifted in her seat and rubbed her eyes with a yawn. Her vision cleared as she listened to Annabeth.

"Let's just say I've got no love for the Lord of the Dead. You can't be tempted to make a deal for your mom."

"What would you do if it was you dad?" Percy asked.

"That's easy. I'd leave him to rot." Annabeth didn't hesitate.

Cassie spoke up, announcing she was awake. "My dad's a god. He'll be fine. Once got stuck in a jar though. That must of sucked but seems hilarious."