iii ~ Quest of Death

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter three ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
003. Quest of Death

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Percy moved into Cabin 3. Any camper would be ecstatic to be claimed, but it just made Percy more of an outsider.

Nobody bothered to talk to him except Chiron, Grover, Annabeth, and Luke.

They were all scared after his fighting with the Ares kids and knew he was a big target for monsters.

Luke taught Percy one on one as the rest of Hermes cabin steered clear.

Connor and Travis had told Cassie lots of Cabin 11 thoughts on Percy. Many weren't so nice.

Annabeth was in charge of teaching Greek in the mornings, but most of the time she was lost in thought. She would scowl at Percy and leave lessons, murmuring under her breath.

Even Clarisse avoided Percy. She would glare venomously as he passed by, but she didn't dare do anything.

Cassie had talked to Percy once. After dinner she strolled over to Cabin 3. Knocking on the door, Cassie rocked her feet. ADHD kept her from staying still.

Percy opened the door with a curious gaze. Cassie smiled slightly trying to be friendly.

She introduced herself and came with a newspaper. "I'm Cassandra Carter, but my friends call me Cassie."

She held her hand out. Percy looked down and shook it.

"You seem pretty cool so for you Cassie it is." The brunette declared.

Percy had a small smile on his face. At least Cassie wasn't too scared to approach him.

"Um. . . I thought you might want to read this. Sorry though, you're no necessarily gonna like it." She scratched the back of her neck and mumbled something about sword practice as she ran off.

The daughter of Ares had given Percy a copy of the New York Daily News. It was about him and his mom's disappearance.

Cassie always got the newspaper to read for anything interesting.

She felt bad for Percy, so informing him on the situation of him possibly being a criminal was the best thing she could do.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

Next morning, a storm brewed over the camp. Thunder rumbled and the waves on their beach were violent. The gods weren't happy, specifically Zeus and Poseidon.

Cassie was sitting outside leaning against her cabin wall to read her book on fighting tactics as the storm grew overhead. Every once in a while she would look up concerned.

She watched as Percy and Grover walked past in the direction of the big house. Percy was pale and nervous, and Grover wasn't helping.

There, Mr. D. threatened to turn Percy into a dolphin, and he left for a meeting on Mount Olympus.

Chiron explained that Percy had to go on a quest. He couldn't give many specifics until the boy spoke with the Oracle.

He did tell Percy about the Master Bolt and the fighting between his dad and Zeus.

Percy agreed to the quest and went upstairs to speak to the Oracle. He got his prophecy and it wasn't that good. Especially the last lines.

When he tried to ask for clarification he was met with silence. Percy knew his audience with the Oracle was over and he headed back downstairs.

SERENDIPITY ~ A. ChaseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara