xiii ~ We've Been Fooled, What a Surprise

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter thirteen ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
013. We've Been Fooled, What a Surprise

└────── •✧• ──────┘

The Fields of Asphodel were sad. Millions upon millions of people were just standing, motionless and silent.

Cassie couldn't believe that that was all she'd do once she died. Depressing.

She peered around as her, Annabeth, Percy, and Grover tried to blend in with the spirits.

Sometimes, the dead would come up to them and try to speak. None of their words were clear and the spirit would frown before moving on.

Cassie had accidentally shoved her hand through a person's stomach, but it passed right through.

"Cool." She whispered, karate chopping other spirits.

"Don't do that!" Annabeth quietly shouted. "Stop traumatizing dead souls."

"You're no fun. They can't even feel it." Cassie replied, but she stopped whacking when she hit Percy.

"Ow."

"Whoops. Sorry about that Perce. You can always use a knock on the head."

"So could you." Percy retorted, slapping Cassie's head.

"Ouch."

Annabeth stepped in between them before more insults and hits could be thrown.

They separated after Cassie let out a small laugh. Grover pointed in front towards a covered pavilion and that's where they headed.

It had a banner with: JUDGEMENTS FOR ELYSIUM AND ETERNAL DAMNATION Welcome, Newly Deceased.

Cassie gazed behind the pavilion and out came two lines of people. They were much smaller than the rest.

One led to the Fields of Punishment. They were close enough to see the horrors and ways of torture, dead people were experiencing.

Cassie shuddered thinking about the people in the earlier lines going there.

The line to punishment was full of guards along the path to keep spirits in line. (literally)

The other line was directed towards the only happy place in the dark Underworld. Elysium.

It was like a little city surrounded by a fence with many different buildings from different times.

In the middle of Elysium was a lake with three small islands. The Isles of the Blest.

People who had chosen rebirth three times and could have gone to Elysium all three times, lived there.

Percy wanted to go there when he died. Annabeth knew what he was thinking, it was fairly obvious.

"That's what it's all about. That's the place for heroes." She informed.