ii ~ There is... Some Family Resemblance

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter two ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
002. There is... Some Family Resemblance

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Camp had changed, but not visually.

Everything looked the same. The Big House, the cabins, the training arena, everything. It was just how it was when Percy and Annabeth left.

But the mood was different. Everyone was more alert like a monster could jump out at any moment. And they could.

Annabeth stared at Cassie who was walking casually beside her. The daughter of Ares looked different. Her face had matured, lost the baby-ish look.

She was pretty now, no longer cute. But Annabeth wasn't going to admit that aloud.

No doubt Cassie had cut her own uneven hair. Once Annabeth had offered to do it over the summer. Cassie immediately denied, insisting to do it on her own.

Silena Beauregard helped with the red hair dye after constantly pestering Cassie. It turned out really well but this was the first time Annabeth had actually seen it in person.

It suited Cassie.

The daughter of Ares had grown, much to Annabeth's dismay. She was a few inches taller and stronger. She still had her leanness unlike Clarisse's bulky strength.

Cassie held her sword, lazily swinging with her arms. She had an expression on her face.

It wasn't sad. Cassie was rarely, if ever sad. Annabeth only ever saw her sad when it came to her parents.

She seemed tired, the many monster fights did that to people. Her excitement for battle was wearing away no doubt but Cassie still held a smile.

She was happy her friends were back. Camp was getting boring.

Annabeth looked away with a soft smile. Percy saw the action and nudged Annabeth.

Cassie had told Percy she liked girls over the summer. He was her biggest supporter though he had already assumed that when they met.

He teased her about it and Cassie hit him many times. The son of Poseidon made stupid jokes like: 'Where do lesbians stay on vacation? A lesbi-INN.'

Cassie just stared back unamused until she couldn't hold back her laughter.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

Percy frowned as they wandered through Camp. It felt wrong.

No more volleyball games. Only gathering weapons incase anything attacked. All were armed and gazing around timidly.

Percy wasn't happy. Camp was his favorite place and now somebody had ruined it.

Nobody welcomed them back as they passed by. They just kept on doing their own thing and only turned their heads to Tyson.

The cyclops didn't seem to mind and kept staring at everything amazed.

Anything Tyson saw, he found intriguing.

"Whasthat!" He pointed.

"The stables for pegasi. The winged horses." Percy replied.

"Whasthat!"

"Um . . . those are the toilets."

"Whasthat!"