vi ~ The Oracle Comes To Visit

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter six ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
006. The Oracle Comes To Visit

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Cassie had given up with her life.

She just grumbled as Percy led her who knows where. All she wanted was to mope while eating her bacon in peace.

The son of Poseidon brought her to some clearing in the meadow where Grover was waiting. They sat and watched as satyrs were chasing wood nymphs around. A few of them tripped into the snow a couple times.

Apparently the nymphs said they'd kiss the satyrs if they were caught, but that rarely happened.

Normally when the satyr was about to grab them, the wood nymph would turned into a snow-covered tree and the satyr would go head-first into the tree. Then a snow pile would land on top of him.

When Cassie shared her nightmare with the two, Grover seemed lost in thought and Percy was very concerned.

"A cave ceiling collapsed on her?" The satyr questioned.

"Yeah and then it went dark." The brunette nodded.

"What the heck does that mean?" Percy asked.

Grover looked just as confused. "I don't know. But after what Zoë dreamed-"

"Wait what? What do you mean? Zoë had a dream like that too?" Cassie inquired. Her brows furrowed as she waited for his answer.

"I... I don't know, exactly. About three in the morning she came to the Big House and demanded to talk to Chiron. She looked really panicked."

"Wait, how do you know this?" Percy said.

"Better question is why were you up at three in the morning?"

Grover's face flushed like he had been caught. "I was sort of camped outside the Artemis cabin."

"What for?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Just to be, you know, near them." The satyr admitted.

Cassie made a face of disgust, "Grover that's so creepy!"

"You're a stalker with hooves." Percy agreed. The two shared a look of disapproval.

"I am not! Anyway, I followed her to the Big House and hid in a bush and watched the whole thing. She got real upset when Argus wouldn't let her in. It was kind of a dangerous scene."

"Totally not a stalker," Cassie scoffed but the scene was interesting nonetheless.

Argus the big blonde head of security with eyes everywhere (and she means everywhere) against Zoë Nightshade. That wouldn't end well.

"What did she say?" Percy asked.

Grover grimaced at the memory. "Well, she starts talking really old-fashioned when she gets upset, so it was kind of hard to understand. But something about Artemis being in trouble and needing the Hunters. And then she called Argus a boil-brained lout... I think that's a bad thing. And then he called her-"

The daughter of Ares nodded along but Percy was full of questions. "Whoa, wait. How could Artemis be in trouble?"

"I... well, finally Chiron came out in his pajamas and his horse tail in curlers and-"

"He wears curlers in his tail?"

Cassie burst out laughing and Grover put a hand over his mouth.

"Sorry, go on." Percy apologized.