xvi ~ Lacking Letters and Chariot Racing Take Two

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter sixteen ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
016. Lacking Letters and Chariot Racing Take Two

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Cassie wanted to curl up in her bed and just pass out.

At last they were home after a short trip of riding the centaurs. The brunette hit it off with her centaur pretty well.

The duo would make stupid jokes together and plan new weapons the centaurs could used for later.

There was an awkward silence between Chiron and Percy the entire journey back. Cassie would ask one of them about later.

On a positive side, Clarisse had arrived not much before them.

Cassie was excited to be home, but gods did she want a nap. All this sea travel and constant moving made her miss her warm comfy bed.

She was really woken up when her centaur started jumping excitedly. She may have fallen off . . .

Apparently, Chiron's relatives could not wait to meet Dionysus. Some rumors that he threw the wildest parties were going around.

Much to their disappointment, Mr. D would rather turn them into dolphins than celebrate.

He was forced out of the comfort of the Big House, as the campers crowded Half-Blood Hill, making him grouchier than normal.

The past two weeks had been rough. It was evident with the now burnt arts and crafts cabin.

Cassie cursed under her breath. For once she would have gone to the lesson to make a bracelet or two.

According to Will some Draco Aionius, huge lizards with explosive breath had destroyed it. The Apollo kids were dealing with the stress of taking care of everyone.

There were so many injured that even the Big House was running out of room. And it was pretty big.

Other campers had cuts and bruises littering their skin.

For once, Cassie got to the tell The Will Solace to get some rest and not overwork himself. Normally it was the other way around.

She threw her arm around the younger blonde boy as they watched Clarisse approach Thalia's tree.

Right when her sister put the Fleece on the lowest branch, everything seemed to light up.

The moonlight shone through the clouds and a refreshing breeze swayed the grass.

The fireflies' glow brightened, the sweet smell of strawberries filled the air, and the sound of the waves crashing again the shore became more apparent.

Suddenly, the pine needles rose, changing from deathly brown to vibrant green.

Cheering erupted from the campers as slowly but surely the poison was being removed from the tree. New power replaced it.

Chiron decided the tree must be guarded 24-7 to avoid something like this happening again. Until he could find some monster to protect it of course.