ii ~ Brainiac Falls Off A Cliff

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter two ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
002. Brainiac Falls Off A Cliff

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Cassie didn't like being a captive.

Now taking people captive was a whole different thing, but being one really sucked.

Percy was barely conscious and just about ready to drop dead. He also had no clue what monster Dr. Thorn was.

The son of Poseidon might be able to defend himself by activating his shield. Then Cassie could help defend the di Angelo kids.

She was already doing it self-consciously whether she meant it or not, Cassie was in front of the two and close enough to jump or shove if necessary.

Still, there wasn't any way Percy could tell Cassie his plan, and help would be nice. There was only one way Percy knew to get it.

He closed his eyes.

"What are you doing, Jackson? Keep moving!" Dr. Thorn ordered.

"He's taking a nap." Cassie laughed. This entire walk she had been doing everything she could to annoy the monster and draw his attention.

Percy shook his head and kept walking. "It's my shoulder. It burns," he practically whined.

"Bah! My poison causes pain. It will not kill you. Walk!" Thorn rolled his eyes and pushed them forward.

Percy imagined Grover's face, focusing on his fear and the thought of danger. He could even sense Cassie's anger.

The son of Poseidon hoped the empathy link still worked. He knew they were still connected but Percy had never tried talking to Grover. It might not
even work with the satyr awake.

'Hey, Grover! Thorn's kidnapping us! He's a poisonous spike-abrowing maniac! Help!' Percy thought.

Thorn led them through the woods, following a path. It was lined with by old-fashioned light posts.

Percy gripped his shoulder and clenched his teeth to keep from chattering. Cassie nudged him slightly to let him know she was there and ready.

"There is a clearing ahead. We will summon your ride." Thorn informed them.

"What ride? Where are you taking us?" Bianca demanded.

"Silence, you insufferable girl!"

"Says the guy kidnapping us," Cassie mumbled.

"Don't talk to my sister that way!" Nico defended, poking his head out from behind the daughter of Ares.

Percy had to admit the kid had guts.

Dr. Thorn let out an animalistic growl. One that sent shivers down the demigods' backs.

Percy kept walking, pretending to be sweet and innocent. Cassie had given up trying and was just about ready to try and stab this guy.

The son of Poseidon tried desperately to get Grover's attention. 'Grover! Apples! Tin cans! Get your furry goat behind out here and bring some bearily armed friends!'

"Halt," Thorn instructed.

The woods opened to reveal a cliff. Percy could feel the sea below. Cassie tried to get a glance at how far the fall was.

To her, anything was better than being a captive. She needed to get back to Annabeth- Annabeth, Thalia and Grover of course.

Thorn shoved them towards the edge. Percy tripped, and Bianca saved him.