iv ~ Lesson Learned, Thalia Can't Drive

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter four ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
004. Lesson Learned, Thalia Can't Drive

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Cassie was cold and frustrated. She shivered as the wind blew snow into her hair.

Artemis had told them dawn was coming but by the looks of it, the group didn't know if they'd trusted her. The sky was just getting darker and the snow wasn't letting up any time soon.

The daughter of Ares turned to her bestfriend. Percy was busy staring at Westover Hall in the distance.

He was lost in thought and if Cassie had to guess it was probably about him being a criminal again.

Something like the teachers noticing that the di Angelos and Dr. Thorn were missing and then blaming him. Sounds about right.

The Hunters packed up the camp faster than Cassie could blink. Instead she was busy huddling with Percy as she nudged the boy.

He turned to her and she nodded in the di Angelo's direction. Bianca was sitting on some log and talking to Nico. The sad look on the little boy's face made it clear she was informing him about her choice to join the Hunt.

Cassie really hated how selfish Bianca was being. Thalia and Grover joined the duo wondering why Artemis had spoken to them.

The goddess was currently staring off to the East expectantly.

Percy told them all about it as Cassie was busy fiddling with the blue cap in her hands. Grover turned as white as a ghost when he heard what Percy said.

"The last time the Hunters visited camp, it didn't go well." The satyr recalled with a shudder.

"How'd they even show up here? I mean, they just appeared out of nowhere." Percy muttered.

"They tend to do that." Cassie shrugged.

"And Bianca joined them. It's all Zoë's fault. That stuck-up, no good—"

Thalia was interrupted by Grover's dreamy sigh. "Who can blame her? Eternity with Artemis?"

The daughter of Zeus scoffed. "You satyrs. You're all in love with Artemis. Don't you get that she'll never love you back?"

"But she's so... into nature."

"You're nuts."

"Nuts and berries. Yeah."

Cassie covered a laugh. "Keep dreaming Gro." She pat the satyr on the back.

Then the sky started to lighten.

Artemis stamped her foot impatiently, "About time. He's so-o-o lazy during the winter."

"You're, um, waiting for sunrise?" Percy found that hard to believe.

"For my brother. Yes." The goddess nodded.

Percy kept quiet to be polite, but it didn't make sense to him.

He knew the legends of Apollo or Helios driving a shining sun chariot across the sky, but then again the sun was a huge star super far away. Apollo driving the sun didn't exactly fit.

"It's not exactly as you think," Artemis was reading his mind at this point.

"Oh, okay? So, it's not like he'll be pulling up in a—"

Suddenly warmth flooded over them and light peaked from the horizon.

"Don't look. Not until he parks." The auburn-haired girl warned.