xiii ~ A Brutal Battle Between Three Brothers

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter thirteen ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
013. A Brutal Battle Between Three Brothers

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Cassie was so done with the world. They could never catch a break, could they?

"You'd think he'd run out of rocks," Percy quipped.

The younger daughter of Ares bit back a laugh.

"Swim for it!" Grover yelled.

The satyr and Clarisse dove into the water. Cassie followed suite but took more time, balancing Annabeth and the fleece.

The daughter of Athena tried to help by paddling with one of her hands, but it was only splashing Cassie with water.

"Hey Chase, I appreciate the gesture but could you please stop. I got this."

Annabeth rolled her eyes but listened, clinging tighter to Cassie and the fleece.

Surprisingly enough, Polyphemus wasn't paying attention to the fleece.

"You, young Cyclops! Traitor to your kind!" The mean cyclops called.

Tyson paused in his step.

"Don't listen to him! Come on." Percy begged as he tugged on Tyson's arm.

The young cyclops didn't budge and turned to face his brethren.

"I am not a traitor."

"You serve mortals! Thieving humans!"

Polyphemus aimed the boulder right at Tyson, but the baby cyclops hit it aside.

"Not a traitor. And you are not my kind." Tyson grumbled.

"Death or victory!" Polyphemus surged forward but due to the leg injuries, curtesy of Cassie, he tripped and fell flat on his face.

The brunette couldn't hold back her laughter, inhaling sea water as a result.

She started coughing and Annabeth sighed in exasperation. Cassie was such an idiot at times.

Polyphemus was getting up when Clarisse looked back.

"Percy! Come on! Cass start swimming and stop laughing!"

Grover and her sister were pretty close to the ship, Cassie not to far behind.

Percy just had to keep the big cyclops occupied.

"Go. I will hold Big Ugly." Tyson urged.

"No! He'll kill you. We'll fight him together." Percy had learned from his mistake and didn't plan on losing Tyson any time soon.

"Together," Tyson nodded.

Percy pulled out Riptide as Polyphemus closed in, cautiously.

He threw his other boulder and Percy dove out of the way. Tyson smashed the boulder anyways.

The half-blood son of Poseidon rose the sea. A huge wave formed, lifting Percy.