iii ~ Pitching Camp and Troublesome Decisions

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter three ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
003. Pitching Camp and Troublesome Decisions

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Percy was an idiot, atleast in Cassie's opinion.

His reaction after being told by the young auburn-haired girl in front of him that she was the goddess Artemis went something like, "Um... okay."

But if you thought that was bad just wait till you hear about Grover. The satyr quite literally dropped to the snow and started rambling.

"Thank you, Lady Artemis! You're so, you're so... Wow!"

"Get up, goat boy! We have other things to worry about. Annabeth is gone!" Thalia said, while supporting Cassie with a side hug.

The daughter of Ares' eyes were red but she blamed the cold. She rolled them after watching the two boys in front of her.

She loved them but now wasn't the time and she was already annoyed.

"Yeah stop your ogling! Brainiac needs saving and I'm
going after her whether any of you like it or not.

"Whoa. Hold up. Time out." Bianca called.

Cassie held back whatever sarcastic remark she had to say. Ever mention she gets snappy when mad and stressed.

They all turned to the eldest di Angelo. The brunette raised an eyebrow.

"It's rude to point you know." Cassie gestured to Bianca's finger that was shifting between the demigods and the hunters.

She ignored the daughter of Ares. "Who— who are you people?"

Artemis's expression changed to one of pity. "It might be a better question, my dear girl; to ask who are you? Who are your parents?"

Bianca took a glance to Nico who was still adorably staring in admiration. Cassie caught his gaze and mustered a small smile.

Cute kid. Like the ones whose grandma's pinch their cheeks when they come to visit.

The brunette could've sworn she'd seen him before now.

"Our parents are dead. We're orphans. There's a bank trust that pays for our school, but..." Bianca hesitated as she saw the looks on their faces.

"What? I'm telling the truth." She insisted.

"You are a half-blood," Zoë Nightshade spoke and she was pretty straightforward about it. Her accent was like someone reading old Shakespeare. "One of thy parents was mortal. The other was an Olympian."

"An Olympian... athlete?"

"No. One of the gods."

"Cool!" Nico cheered.

"No! This is not cool!" Bianca trembled.

Nico did an excited little happy dance.

"Does Zeus really have lightning bolts that do six hundred damage? Does he get extra movement points for—"

"Nico, shut up!" Bianca ran a hand across her face, overwhelmed. "This is not your stupid Mythomagic game, okay? There are no gods!"

"The Lotus Casino!" Cassie blurted out before she could stop herself. That caught everyone's attention as they looked at her curiously.

"You two were at the Lotus Casino, weren't you?"

All Bianca did was nod in response. Meanwhile, Nico took the time to walk over to Cassie and place an old Casino card in her hand.