v ~ Angering the Wine Dude and Nasty Nightmares

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter five ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
005. Angering the Wine Dude and Nasty Nightmares

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Have you ever wanted to slam your head into a wall repeatedly?

Well right now Cassie certainly did. Mr. D was no help and Chiron couldn't really go against the god of wine's decision.

When they arrived at camp, Percy was surprised by the snow. He'd never been during the winter and with the climate controlled borders, he expected warm and sunny weather.

Instead, snow was falling gently and had covered the chariot track. The strawberry fields were dusted in a layer of frost and the cabins were decorated with shining lights.

To Percy they looked like Christmas lights but Cassie told him they were little balls of colored fire. Lights shined from the woods and even the Big House was spirited. Only weird thing was the glow of a fire in the attic window.

The daughter of Ares joked that she had seen Santa Claus hanging out with the Oracle up there.

"Whoa, is that a climbing wall?" Nico hopped down from the bus grabbing onto Cassie to balance.

"Yeah," Percy confirmed.

"Why is there lava pouring down it?"

"Little extra challenge. Come on. We'll introduce you to Chiron. Zoë, have you met—"

"I know Chiron. Tell him we will be in Cabin Eight. Hunters, follow me." Zoë ordered, ready to march away.

"I'll show you the way," Grover volunteered with an eager smile.

"We know the way."

"Oh, really, it's no trouble. It's easy to get lost here, if you don't—" The satyr stumbled over a canoe but got to his feet and kept talking, "like my old daddy goat used to say! Come on!"

Zoë didn't seem too eager but she knew Grover wouldn't be leaving any time soon.The Hunters grabbed their packs and bows before starting towards the cabins with a rambling satyr guiding.

Cassie watched as Bianca di Angelo knelt down to whisper something to Nico. It seemed to be question but the only answer she received was a scowl.

"Take care, sweethearts!" Apollo wished the Hunters well and the turned to wink in the son of Poseidon's direction. "Watch out for those prophecies, Percy. You too Cassie! I'll see you soon."

"What do you mean?" The boy asked.

"What prophecies?" Cassie called.

Apollo just got back into his bus. "Later, Thalia. And, uh, be good!" The smile he gave her wasn't too convincing. He definitely knew something she didn't.

The door of the van closed and the engine revved. Cassie covered her eyes as Apollo took off, vanishing into the distance.

The brunette glanced down to the young boy beside her. A frown graced his lips and he had his arms crossed. Cassie wondered want Bianca has said.

"Who's Chiron? I don't have his figurine." Nico questioned.

"Our activities director. He's... well, you'll see." Percy informed.

"If those Hunter girls don't like him, that's good enough for me. Let's go."

Cassie smirked offering Nico a high five, but instead she was pulled along with the boy. As the two raced through camp, the daughter of Ares waved to familiar faces.