ix ~ An Island of Pretty Ladies? Sign Cassie Up!

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter nine ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
009. An Island of Pretty Ladies? Sign Cassie Up!

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Percy woke up just about ready to puke his guts out.

He was in a rowboat with a sail made from gray uniform fabric. No doubt it came from one of the now dead (for the second time) skeletons.

Annabeth was across from him steering the boat. Cassie was sleeping with her head on the blonde's shoulder.

When Percy went to sit up a wave of dizziness flooded over him.

"Rest. You're going to need it." Annabeth spoke.

"Tyson . . . ?"

Annabeth shook her head, trying not to move too much and wake the sleeping brunette.

"Percy, I'm really sorry."

After a few moments of silence, Annabeth figured her words out.

"He may have survived. I mean, fire can't kill him." Annabeth offered, but her heart wasn't in it.

Percy nodded along, but he wasn't too hopeful. If Tyson had been in there when the engine exploded there was no way he survived.

He had died for them and all Percy could remember was how embarrassed he had felt that they were related.

They stayed afloat, tiny waves rocking the boat. Annabeth showed all the things she saved from the wreck.

Hermes' thermos was now empty. They had a bag of ambrosia, some sailor's shirts, and a bottle of Dr. Pepper.

It had taken a while but Cassie had spotted Percy, face down in the water.

She got Annabeth and the two got him out of the water with his knapsack torn in half.

Most of Percy's things had been washed away but he still had the vitamins Hermes had given and Riptide.

But that didn't really count because he could never actually lose his sword.

Percy glanced to the daughter of Ares and gestured his head to her.

Annabeth sighed, quickly glancing at the peaceful girl on her shoulder.

"She was really worried Seaweed Brain. I've never seen her look that broken before. But it kinda wore her out so I told her to get some sleep."

Percy smiled slightly. He felt bad scaring Cassie that much but he was here now.

The two occupied themselves discussing Grover, Tyson, the great prophecy, and Thalia.

That was until a seagull dropped leaves in the blonde's lap.

"Land. There's land nearby!" Annabeth exclaimed.

Cassie jerked awake, startled by the blonde's sudden outburst.

"Where are we." Cassie managed through a yawn.

No one replied and she rubbed her eyes, noticing the island in front of them.

It had a small mountain in the middle with shiny white buildings, beaches, palm trees, and a collection of weird boats.

The current pulled them into the paradise.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

"Welcome!" A lady with a clipboard said.