i ~ Doubtful Yet Delightful Dancing

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter one ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
001. Doubtful Yet Delightful Dancing

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Cassie didn't know how to dance.

Now you might be wondering what that has to do with anything and well...

Today Sally Jackson had come to pick her, Annabeth, and Thalia up.

Percy was accompanying his mom but was that really exciting? No.

Neither was the eight-hour drive from New York to Bar Harbor, Maine. Especially not for a bunch of demigods with ADHD.

Snow pelted the car nonstop. It had been awhile since the four had seen each other. But with the blizzard and what they were tasked to do, their nerves kept them quiet. Except Cassie of course.

With Sally in the car the two didn't stop talking. Percy learned that just like his mom, Cassie starts rambling when nervous.

She also kept fiddling with Annabeth's hand which was intertwined with her own. The blonde claimed it was to stop the girl from exploding, but Percy and Thalia knew better.

In those eight hours they spent together, Sally had adopted Cassie as an honorary Jackson.

Everyone in the car was basically family. They had been told every embarrassing baby Percy story by the time they reached their destination.

"You should hear about this one time in the bath-"

"Mom!" Percy interrupted.

Thalia laughed before wiping her hand on the window, peering through the fog,

"Oh, yeah. This'll be fun."

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

'Fun' probably wasn't the best description. Westover Hall was like those castles you'd see in movies, except a lot duller and creepier.

The walls were made of black stone and the towers quite literally towered over them.

The slit windows reminded Cassie of a prison. Don't ask how she knew what prison was like.

Cassie was just waiting for the wooden double doors to open by themselves. Or for the whole castle to fall off the edge of the snowy cliff.

Below was a forest and on the other side an ocean. The trees were coated in white snow and sparkled in the light. The ocean crashed and roared.

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait?" Sally offered.

"No, thanks, Mom. I don't know how long it will take. We'll be okay." Percy reassured.

"But how will you get back? I'm worried, Percy."

The son of Poseidon's cheeks flushed. He was already embarrassed that his mom had driven him to his battle.

"It's okay, Ms. Jackson. We'll keep him out of trouble." Annabeth sent Sally a comforting smile.

Csssie couldn't help but stare. The blonde looked pretty, especially with the snow falling into her hair.

Her gray eyes were the same color as the dreary ocean but they shone with anticipation and were nowhere near as dull.

Also her lips were so red due to the cold. Cassie was sure her face heated up.