xii ~ Three Heads Is Better Than One

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter twelve ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
012. Three Heads Is Better Than One

└────── •✧• ──────┘

From the shadows, Cassie read the letters. DOA RECORDING STUDIOS.

On the glass window was a normal store warning, except the 'no living' one.

By now it was midnight but the place was filled. A tough looking guy with the classic shades and an ear piece, sat at the security desk.

"Okay, you remember the plan?" Percy said.

"The plan. Yeah. I love the plan." Grover nodded.

That was totally convincing.

"But what if the plan doesn't work?" Cassie pipped.

Nothing went the way it was supposed to on quests. The daughter of Ares knew that and this was her first one.

"Don't think negative." Percy scolded.

"We're about to go into the Land of the Dead. You're expecting me to think positively right now?" Cassie quipped back.

Percy gazed down at the pearls he had gotten from the Nereid. Now doubts were clouding his mind.

Annabeth coughed and elbowed Cassie. Her face told the brunette everything she didn't say. 'Apologize,' it read.

"Er, Percy, forget what I said. I'm just over worrying. We'll make it." Cassie reassured and Percy gave her a small smile.

He was thankful she was trying, but deep down, Percy knew she was right. Deep down, he also felt that something wasn't going to go right, but he had to do this.

For his mom. For Grover. For Annabeth. For Cassie. For himself. Maybe even for his dad. So he pushed those doubts aside.

"It'll be fine. Besides, I always have a back up plan."

Annabeth nudged Grover after she gave her own reassurance.

"Oh, right! We got this far. We'll find the master bolt and save your mom. No problem." Grover agreed.

Yeah, Percy was really grateful to have them. Only moments before, they were almost stretched to death on water beds while he small talked.

Now they were about to risk their lives for him again and yet they were still trying to make him feel better.

"Let's whup some Underworld butt." Percy smiled as he put the pearls back in his pocket.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

The lobby was exactly what you'd expect from a modern entrance to the Underworld.

The decorations were made of bones and the seats of black leather.

The room was packed with dead souls. Cassie could see them when she wasn't looking directly at them, but they became see through when she did.

At the security desk, was a guy with chocolate colored skin and bleach blonde hair. His hair was cut short but it went with his shades and suit.

His name tag said: Charon. Easy enough for Cassie to read, also he was the ferryman for dead people.

But, Percy wasn't thinking about the stories and made a mistake.