vii ~ The Crew's All Together

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter seven ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
007. The Crew's All Together

└────── •✧• ──────┘

The Oracle was taking a beating. Serves her right for ignoring Cassie.

Percy and Grover had been chosen to carry the mummy back to the attic. Obviously not chosen from popularity.

Cassie went with them to waste some time. Also she didn't want to be near the Hunters right now.

"Watch her head!" Grover advised but a bit too late.

Bonk! Cassie cringed as Percy smacked the Oracle's face into the trapdoor. Dust rained down on them.

"Ah, man." The son of Poseidon backed up to inspect her. "Did I break anything?"

"I can't tell," Grover said bashfully.

Cassie shrugged, "Looks as old and wrinkly as ever."

The daughter of Ares decided to go first and hold the trapdoor open. That way the boys could pull the mummy in easier.

Once she was in the attic, they plopped her onto her stool and wiped off their sweat. Why did the mummy weigh so much?

"Alright, let's go." Cassie remarked, eager to leave.

The Oracle had gotten on her nerves enough already. Percy nodded along and he and Grover followed the brunette down the attic stairs.

"Well, that was gross." Grover stated.

The son of Poseidon hummed in agreement. Cassie noticed him spacing out a lot. Grover was keeping things light for the two.

Percy wasn't on good terms with a lot of the campers and he was now overwhelmed with the new prophecy.

Cassie on the other hand was irritated by the Oracle. It had completely ignore her question and focused in Zoë. Not one sign or hint regarding saving Annabeth.

"What will Chiron do?" Percy questioned.

"I wish I knew." Grover replied before looking out the window dazed. "I want to be out there."

"Looking for Annabeth or...?" Cassie asked.

The satyr shook out of his little trance and his face flushed. "Oh, right. That too. Of course."

"Why? What were you thinking?" Percy raised an eyebrow.

Grover fiddled with his hooves nervously. "Just something the manticore said, about the Great Stirring. I can't help but wonder... if all those ancient powers are waking up, maybe I... maybe not all of them are evil."

"You mean Pan."

Percy felt bad. He had completely forgotten Grover's life dream of finding Pan. The satyrs never gave up, even after the nature god was rumored to be dead. They would find him.

For centuries they've searched and found nothing, but Grover knew he was meant to be the one to succeed. His search had come to a halt when Chiron put all the satyrs on emergency duty to find more demigods.

Cassie couldn't imagine how Grover was feeling.

Grover nodded. "I've let the trail go cold. I feel restless, like I'm missing something really important. He's out there somewhere. I can just feel it."

Percy wanted to support his satyr best friend but all his good spirits had been stomped on after capture the flag.

Cassie mustered an encouraging smile. "You'll find him Gro, I just know it."