TOD

"I'm not shot. Now let me go," I said, embarrassed at my stupidity and carelessness, "I just didn't realize he still had his gun. I didn't know how close to death I was."

               "Don't ever scare the hell out of me like that again," Rodriguez said, wiping sweat from his forehead.

               "Tod, I thought you were dead," Sam added.

               "I just looked down, and he was pointing a gun at my head, and when I saw it, I jumped back quickly. The second I did, I heard the shot," I smiled. "I thought I was dead, too."

               "But you're okay? I mean, you're not hurt at all?" Rodriguez inquired.

               "My feelings are hurt."

               "That doesn't count," he said, and suddenly we heard loud banging on the front door.

               "Did you call back up?" I asked nervously.

               "No," he answered. I turned to Sam.

               "You?"

               "No," she replied. There was another banging.

               "Sam, get out of here, back through the tunnel!" Rodriguez commanded her.

               "But I can't leave you here!" she argued. Just then, she fell to the floor in pain. "Rodriguez... This pain is more unbearable than all the other times... I think..."

               "What?! What happened?!" He ran to her aid, helping her up.

               "Rodriguez," she looked up at him with her teary eyes. "I think I'm in labor...!" She said through pain and clenched teeth. Just then, they busted down the door—the RIA reinforcements.