BENJAMIN

The gun Rodriguez had picked up was now empty, so he knocked out an enemy agent by elbowing them in the chin, then stole his machine gun and shot him. Then Rodriguez shot the ropes loose that bound Sam and me. Now, the "fun" began.

              I stole one man's gun, shot him, and then shot another agent. Sam quickly snatched the fallen person's gun and aimed at anything that moved. I looked at Rodriguez. He was surrounded, and he was kneeling on the floor because he couldn't stand. I was about to help him when suddenly he spun around in a circle and shot all the agents' ankles, and when they fell, Rodriguez shot them all dead. He was slaughtering. He didn't look okay with it. With each life he took, his face got paler and paler.

               Soon, the sector was clear. All three of us stood still, holding our weapons, ready to shoot. I watched Rodriguez. I saw his eyes scan all the bodies on the floor. He looked at all of them thoroughly.

               "Check all of the bodies!" he yelled, "And tell me if you find Jacob or Kayli!"

               After a couple of minutes of searching, Sam found Jacob.

               "Found him!" she shouted.

               "Good. Anyone see Kayli?" he asked, then mumbled to himself, "I won't leave here until all three of them are finished." Suddenly, we heard a voice behind us.

               "You won't kill me," We all turned around quickly and saw Kayli in a wheelchair. She had a gun on her lap.

               "What makes you think that?" Rodriguez asked her.

               "Do you think I haven't noticed your actions lately, Rodriguez?"

               "What are you talking about?" he asked, narrowing his eyes.

               "Vladimir has given you many opportunities to kill him. You didn't want to. Need some examples?" she asked.

               "Enlighten me," he replied.

               "When we kidnapped you, we didn't take your ring," she told him.

               "What does that have to do with–"

               "Rodriguez, there was a gun right underneath your chair. Want another example?" she asked.

               "Shoot," he answered.

               "When we drove you to your house, there was a gun in the side door. Also, when we let you go into your house alone, you could've easily gotten a gun and shot at us!" she explained.

               "I didn't know any of those guns were there," Rodriguez stated.

               "Don't lie," Kayli said, "I saw you staring at them. You were just afraid that they were traps to set you up."

               "That's because not every person in the world sets up a death trap for themselves. I was very skeptical," Rodriguez told her.

               "You were afraid. That's why I said that you can't kill me," she repeated.

               "Well, now I'm going to kill you, not only because you're annoying, but also because I need that wheelchair," Rodriguez said, and quickly raised his gun, except Kayli raised her gun just as fast as Rodriguez raised his. They were now aiming their guns at each other, ready to both die the second they shot each other.

               "You won't kill me as easily as you did Vladimir and Jacob," Kayli told him. Rodriguez did nothing but smile, and then he laughed.

               Suddenly, a shot rang out, and then the gun dropped from Kayli's hand, and she screamed in pain. Then she went quiet as more machine gun shots rang out and shot Kayli dead. I looked over and saw Sam holding the gun with one hand.

               "I don't think so," she said to the now-dead Kayli.

               "I'll take that," Rodriguez said, emptying Kayli from the chair. He sat down.

               "So..." Sam began, "Mission complete?"

               "No!" Rodriguez yelled. "No. We still need to find Daniel. He's here somewhere, I just know it, and if it's possible, let's try not to kill anyone else."

               "Rodriguez, why do you hate killing people, especially since it's part of your job? I mean, just a second ago, you sounded like a badass villain the way you were laughing and speaking to Kayli. What's wrong?" Sam asked him.

               "I..." he started, "I can't talk about it right now."