SAM

I walked into the hotel that Rodriguez's dad was supposed to be staying in. Room number two-thirteen was on the second floor. Then my phone rang.

               "Hello, this is Samantha," I answered.

               "Samantha? It's Ruth."

               "Ruth? Oh, I remember. You were the one who tried to kill me," I laughed sarcastically. "What is it you want?"

               "You need to go to the hospital," she said.

               "Why?" I asked.

               "Rodriguez got in a bad accident and he can't remember anything," she explained, "I was the only one who found him. It's a good thing I had my utility belt. His head was bleeding pretty badly."

               "What?! I'll be right there!" I hung up the phone, and knocked on door number two-thirteen. Rodrigo (Rodriguez's dad) came almost immediately.

               "Ah, hello Samantha. You have Antonio, I see," he greeted.

               "You speak English? Rodriguez said that you only spoke Spanish," I said.

               "I know many things that he doesn't know," he told me, "Anyways, it's surprising that you knew you would be busy on the day the baby was born. I'm surprised you're able to move. When Rodriguez was born–"

               "Okay," I shook my head, getting back to the point. "Look, Rodrigo, I have to go. Sorry for the quick rush, but something urgent has come up. Here's everything that Antonio needs," I handed him a box of supplies that a few friends from the SIU had given me, "Take good care of him! I have to go!" I said, handed him Antonio, and ran down the stairs and into the hotel lobby. Rodriguez was in a bad wreck. What's worse is that he can't remember.