TOD

I looked back at Daniel, sitting in the backseat of our car, staring out the window.

               "We're going to get your memory back, Daniel. In the meantime, try to remember what happened to you and try to remember Ruth and me," I advised.

               "Do you guys know why I'm not trying to kill you right now?" Daniel asked me, "It's because I'm afraid that if I ever do get my memory back, then I'll find out that I killed my own friends." Then, I remembered what Kevin had told me about the virus.

               "When you mix Chlordiazepoxide with the virus, it erases their memory permanently."

               I turned back to Daniel quickly.

               "Daniel, do you ever remember being forced to take an injection?" I questioned. He shook his head.

               "The only thing that can kill the virus is Tabasco's hot sauce," Kevin had told me. I wondered...if we gave Daniel the hot sauce, would it kill LIVED and leave him with Chlordiazepoxide? And since Chlordiazepoxide is temporary, would he eventually get his memory back?

               "How close are we?" I asked Ruth, who was driving.

               "Thirty minutes," she answered.

               "Good," I said, "I have a theory of how we can get Daniel's memory back."