TOD

"That son of a bitch," I muttered as I felt my head because of a migraine. I looked around and saw Daniel and Ruth right there. I quickly exited the smashed car and greeted them as kindly as possible.

               "Daniel," I started, "I haven't seen you since your funeral."

               "Very funny," he said with a straight face. "Get in that car." he pointed to a white car with tinted windows.

               "Why?" I asked dubiously.

               "Why does it matter? Just get in," He shoved me in and shut the door.

               "But you can't take me to the RIA!" I cried, "They'll kill me and use my organs for science experiments!"

               "Calm down, I'm not taking you to the RIA," Daniel reassured me.

               "Then where are you taking me?"

               "To my secret lair where I can kill you and do experiments on your organs!" he smiled evilly as he looked in the rearview mirror at me. I panicked.

               "What?! No! Please, stop the car now!" I yelled, grabbing at the steering wheel from the backseat. He grabbed my wrist and twisted it in a weird way that, surprisingly, wasn't painful at all.

               "I was joking. You are so gullible," he said as he let go of my poor wrist.

               "That didn't hurt at all," I taunted. Ruth turned around quickly.

               "No one cares because you betrayed us for the SIU, you quisling little brat," she yelled. Daniel shushed her.

               "Please remember that we don't work for them anymore," he said.

               "Who do you work for, then?" I asked.

               "You'd like to know, wouldn't you?" he replied.

               "So Daniel, what are they planning at the SIU–"

               "Wait," I interrupted Ruth. "If I just got in a car wreck, how am I uninjured?"

               "You are injured," Daniel told me.

               "But I feel perfectly fine," I commented.

               "Maybe, but in reality, your brain is damaged."