RODRIGUEZ

It was intense. I was stunned at how angry and aggressive mothers could be at this time, but we have a baby boy. We told the police all about it. Sam and I still haven't come up with a name yet.

                "I have an idea for a name," I told her.

               "Me too," she said, "Let's say our ideas simultaneously and decide which one's better,"

               "Antonio," we both said together, then I continued, "Because he's a priceless flower."

               "We should call him 'Tony' for short," Sam suggested.

               "Why?"

               "Antonio...?" she tilted her head. "Look, he has your complexion. Black hair and dark skin," she pouted. "He looks nothing like me."

               "He might have your intelligence, though," I assured her, trying to make her feel better. All this intensity with Sam made me forget all about Tod.

               "Oh no, Sam, what are we going to do? Tod crashed into Daniel's car! I wonder if he's in the hospital," I queried. 

               I went to the front desk. When I arrived, no one was there, so I looked on the desk for a bell or something when I saw some unusual paperwork that didn't look like hospital paperwork, and beside the paperwork was a picture of a kid about ten or eleven years old. He had white hair and was wearing a thin, fuzzy coat. He wasn't smiling. He looked so... grim. I leaned closer to possibly get a closer look but was startled.

               "Excuse me, sir?" called a woman's voice. I looked up in surprise to see a woman with light brown hair and glasses.

               "Oh, I'm sorry, Miss...?"

               "Call me Mara," she finished.

               "Sorry, Mara, I was just looking at that boy's picture... Is he your son? Is he a patient here?" I asked. She was hesitant in her answer as she covered the unusual paperwork with other papers, including covering up the picture.

               "Um, no, he's not a patient here... he... he is my son," she answered dubiously, "Is there something you need, sir?"

               "I was wondering if there was a crash on Kimberly Lane today?" I asked, getting back to my point. She started typing on her computer.

               "Oh, yes. Two cars collided. The crashed car drove away, and the other car was inspected, but no one was found," she explained. That means that Tod is all right. I'll call him later to make sure.