BENJAMIN

I reloaded my gun and went to where the noise of yelling and banging was. It had stopped now, and it was hard to tell which door it had come from; they were all the same. Then, I saw one open door. I carefully looked in, and the moment I was in the room, I sensed something was wrong. I quickly slid my foot back in the crack of the door. Someone had tried to lock me in. I turned around quickly to see Tamara standing there in the doorway.

               "Well, well, well, if it isn't the little shape-shifter," I said, "Where's Daniel?"

               "Oh, he's in a van with some other guys. We'll be taking him to THQ, and then, we'll take him to Russia," she disclosed. There was a long pause.

               "Really?" I queried.

               "Yes."

               There was another long pause.

               "Why do you want him so badly?" I questioned. She stood quietly for a second, then she rushed forward and stabbed me with a knife. She was so quick that I had no time to stop her or do anything. I spluttered blood on her white waistcoat.

               "I'll let you in on a little secret," she whispered, "He has something the RIA wants."

               "I always knew..." I paused because of the pain, "...that you were the devil in disguise." She twisted the knife, then turned it back again. I winced.

               "I'm just doing my job," she leaned in closer. "And I'll kill anyone who gets in the way of doing that." She took the knife out quickly, and I fell to the floor, clutching the wound. She threw the knife on the floor and walked out, letting the door slide shut.