Chapter Thirty

Omg omg omg! So The Brothers' Desire is eligible to enter wattys 2023 and this story may be eligible! How exciting! Thanks for continuing to read!💜

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Amaris

After Vlad locked me in my room, my nerves refused to settle. I paced for hours until I finally took a hot shower and climbed into bed. I didn't sleep well and woke constantly.

I worry for Anna.

I've not seen or heard from anyone yet and I've been dressed, ready to slave away as usual, but nobody has come to fetch me yet.

Anna always gets me. I'd say I'm lucky if I'm forgotten about and can remain in here all day, but my stomach is demanding food. I'd be embarrassed if anyone was around to witness the loud roaring coming from my belly.

Finally, after what seemed like a lifetime, I hear the door lock disengaging. I jump up to my feet and rush to the door, hoping it's Anna on the other side.

I know she won't be fit for much of anything, and she's probably still being monitored, but I can always hope it is her.

To my dismay, it isn't Anna. Instead, I'm rushed by an angry Felix. He snaps his hand out and squeezes my throat hard. "I'm watching you, suka," he threatens, his voice icy and his eyes narrowed into thin slits. "If I so much as suspect anything today, I will beat you black and blue." He let's go of my throat and I suck in air greedily. My eyes water profusely as I cough and gag while trying to catch my breath.

I hate his ass too. I'm not sure if I hate him or Vlad more, but I want to kill them both in the most painful way. Maybe I'll crush his goddamn throat since he just tried to do so to me.

I wipe my tears away and straighten my back. I won't let him knock me down and be a sniffling crybaby for his ego.

"Come with me. You'll eat then work your ass off. You will do Anna's share today too." He turns his back and takes off at a fast pace. With no choice or a chance for rebuttal, I dash after him.

I catch up and keep pace with him. I want to see Anna and know she's okay. "How is Anna? Can I visit her later?"

He glares down at me. Is he ever not angry? I'm so sick of him that a scoff leaves me without thought. "You know Felix, I don't want to be here anymore than you want me here. But I care about your sister. Can you please let me see her?" For a moment, his eyes soften, just slightly. They return to their hardened state quickly though.

"Anna is fine. She does not wish to see you though. Don't ask anymore questions."

She doesn't want to see me?

"Wait. Why doesn't she want to see me?" I ask anyway.

Felix snatches me by the air and jerks my head back until my neck feels like it will snap if he pulls my harder. "I said no more asking questions," he seethes. What I would give if I could just whack him and get away with it.

Reaching up to grab my hair, I decide to sink my nails into his wrist and hand instead. "Let. Go!" I almost don't recognize my own voice. The anger and hatred flowing from those two words don't faze him much though. His eyes widen slightly but he holds on nonetheless. Feeling strands snapping from my scalp, I can't help the rage that overcomes me. I've been mistreated for far too long and I'm fucking over it.

I release his hand and wrist. He smirks for only a moment before my fist crashes into his throat. He lets go of my hair immediately and drops to one knee, gasping for air. How do you fucking like it!