Chapter Eighteen

Vlad

As soon as the call cuts off, Felix shoots out of his chair, yelling a string of curses.  I remain calm and watch his tantrum.  This is his fault after all.  Her room was to be secured.  I don't understand how he forgot that part of holding someone against their will.

Lock the fucking door! It's that simple.

"That stupid, stupid little girl!" Felix growls, pinching the bridge of his nose.  I rest my chin on my fists and continue to watch him, keeping my expression impassive.  I refuse to lose my cool and act like a child at this moment.

Losing my temper won't help shit right now. I need to obviously think for the both of us since Felix is a goddamn loose cannon. Our actions need to be well planned and executed if we want to retrieve my property.

Kwan's methods aren't a secret. By the looks of it, Amaris has already been enduring his wrath.

A wrath more harsh than Felix or myself has shown her. Sure, she gets slapped if she spits in our face. Who the hell wouldn't react to that vulgar shit?

Perhaps we both have been a bit too rough with her.  I'll have to reign in my anger and make Felix control his temper or we will have a constant battle with her once we get her back.

"Felix," I draw his attention and he stops to look my way.  There's a fire lighting up his bright blue eyes still.  He's almost feral looking.  I'm sure he's curious what kind of punishment he's due for since it was his doing -or lack thereof- that led to this trouble.

He's lucky he's my cousin. That's the only reason he's allowed to continue breathing. Although we are the same age of thirty-two, his father placed his trust in me to watch over him and his sister in the event something should happen to he and his wife. 

And something did.

Armando Sorrentino gunned both of his parents down in cold blood, thus creating enemies between our families and destroying the neutral treaty they had established many years prior.

I might still beat Felix's ass for never sticking those damn tracking earrings in her ears first thing though.

But I'll let him stew on it for a while still.

"Yes sir," he replies, his tone more calm now.  Yet his eyes are anything but calm. He better not fuck things up further.

"As you are aware, this is purely your fault," I begin, and his eyes narrow at me.  I raise a brow at him challengingly as I continue, "and had you done what you were told to, she would have the earrings in that have trackers!" I snarl, slamming my hand down, now allowing everyone to see just how angry I am.

Forget the calm.  If I don't show some of my rage, then my men might get too complacent with fucking up. 

I quickly stand up, knocking my chair backwards, and pull my gun out. I point it quickly at each one of my men in the room. "Do not defy me," I say as my gun aims directly at Felix this time. "especially you." Felix lowers his head in respect. The asshole better recognize his place.

"I'm sorry, boss, I'll get a team ready. Kwan has her so we know where she is. I'll have those earrings in her ears the second we retrieve her." Felix states.  He knows how valuable it is to have something belonging to the Sorrentino clan.  Perhaps they will relinquish territory if they want the little suka returned safe and sound.

But I have no intentions of returning her.  To add salt to their wounds, I will marry her and fill her womb with my children.

But our first matter of business to handle is Kwan. He always has been a money hungry piece of shit.  And he isn't secretive with his whereabouts either.  He's still in those cabins beyond my territory. He likes to hang back and wait for scraps.

Like a vulture, hoping for some carrion that he can snatch up. He's a disgrace.

"Round up as many men as you can and do it fast. The Sorrentino crew will also be heading there so we need to be extra prepared." Kwan will run and disappear quickly into the densely wooded areas around there, so the fight will be with Armando and his crew.

I dismiss my men with a wave of my hand and return my gun to my waistband. We are going to hit them hard. Hopefully they won't expect a large number from my Bratva for a retrieval of one woman. I'm not naive enough to think they will believe they've got just one enemy group to fight off. Kwan doesn't have near the people working for him as I have. And I know we depleted Armando's numbers with that ambush we executed on his little party.

But it never hurts to be prepared...

Felix calls to inform me that our convoy is ready. Kwan is only a few hours drive away from my location near the Russian border. I dread crossing into Mongolia though.  Perhaps we will go to our New York territory after we bag ourselves a little suka.

I walk quickly to the row of vehicles at the back of my property. Twelve vehicles are waiting. So much for a subtle arrival but it doesn't really matter.

What do the Americans say?

Go big or go home?

Eyeing the numerous men waiting to pie inside their respective rides, I call for everyone's attention. My clan is an intimidating group and that's precisely what I need backing me. I keep my face stoic and my eyes hard as I glance over the many faces. "Remember the goal. We retrieve the girl. Do not kill her!" I cock a brow waiting to hear any rebuffing before I move on. "Kill everyone else if you must. We will not leave until Kwan's no longer a nuisance. Burn his cabins down and take out as many of the Sorrentino crew as you can!"

I nod to Felix and slide into the middle most SUV's backseat next to him. There will be no rest for any of us until we have Amaris back and secured to the point she can't even have dreams about leaving.

I feel the first genuine smile tug at the corners of my mouth since she tan and it herself snatched by Kwan.

If I have to, I'll take out her family so she doesn't even have them to run home too.

If her family is all dead, then she would ultimately blame it all on the Sorrentino crew for mixing her family up with them in the first place.