Chapter Six

Luca

It has been three nights now that Amaris has been gone. I know the Russians have her, but where would they be keeping her at exactly? The possibilities are endless. Just as we do, they have multiple clans and multiple properties. It's difficult to find exactly which clan has her and what property they are at, but it isn't impossible. The longer she's gone though, our chances at getting her back - in one piece - become more slim.

Discussing possible hideouts with the twins and our clan has only led us all to conclude that they won't be hiding her anywhere obvious. A floor mat could have figured that shit out.

It's frustrating to say the least. All those years we pushed her away... they've been for nothing.

I'd punch something if it would do anything other than make my shoulder scream and piss Shelley off if I put a hole in the wall.  Or injure my hand. 

Anyway.  Nothing is going to stop my guts from churning with guilt and despair.  I fucking failed to protect my baby sister and the only way to fix this is to get her back and kill the pieces of shit that have her, especially whoever the fucker was that kidnapped her that she seemed to know.  Who the fuck is he?

Damon has been lying low while recovering from his wound and that is only on account of the fact he fears his mother.  Kind of amusing to consider when she's been nothing short of a sweet woman but apparently she can be quite finicky over her baby boy.  He glared at me while tossing out threats each time I called him baby boy today.  At least it proves to me that he hasn't shut down and gone numb. 

My shoulder hurts like a son of a bitch but I am managing.  My barely contained anger is helping stave off the pain.  Shelley is taking care of Madison mostly since my arm has to remain in this damn sling and it breaks my heart being unable to play with her like I could before nursing a goddamn GSW.

And Dominic.  He's in a dark place.  He walks around scowling and huffing all day long.  His lips are set in a permanent snarl.  A snarl so impressive that I'd bet a pack of wolves would tuck tail and run. 

Sometimes he just glares out the window for hours, ignoring the rest of us.  Nobody tries to bother him unless it's necessary.  Not a single one of us wants to experience his feral outbursts again.

My parents are past the upset stage and moved on to determination.  They are certain we will find my sister. 

Alive.

I hope they are right...

Rapidly approaching footsteps knock me out of my thoughts and I turn my head to see Dominic.  His face is less scowl-ly I guess.  Tread lightly Luca.  "Any new ideas?"  I ask timidly.  Don't want to poke the bear.

Both his brows rise briefly before a deep line takes up residence between them.  "Well, I know they won't have her near any of the docks.  So all of those are at the bottom of my list.  However," he continues with a small spark of hope in his eyes, "Word has it that one of their auctions are happening tonight."  His face contorts in disgust.  My stomach sours at the thought.  Sure, it could be the break we are looking for, but even thinking about my sister being sold into sex slavery turns my veins into ice.  I'd prefer her being dead instead of that.  "She's more than beautiful, I guarantee they are going to try and auction her off to one of the elite bidders."  He looks more sick than angry now.  I'm not sure which to feel more of. 

It's completely fucked. 

Sick fucking perverts.  We need to start picking each and every single one of them off.

Shit.  No way any of us could casually stroll into their auction anyway.  We'd need to go in, guns blazing.  "How are any of us supposed to try and ... buy my sister?"  I hesitate, but ask anyway, the question leaving an ashy taste on my tongue.  "They will recognize us.  All of us."  Maybe Dom has a better plan than the one I do, with lots of gunfire and explosives.  Too many innocent people would die.  My sister could die before we get inside to rescue her.