Chapter Twenty Five

Amaris

I am such a jackass.

Really, I totally am.

Poor Anna is so frustrated with me as I keep insisting that we either stay inside and watch Netflix while eating our weight in junk or just letting me swim in shorts and a dark t-shirt.

She's not having any of it. But I'm not having that flimsy thong bikini she keeps dangling in front of my face.

She groans, a small smile tipping her lips up while doing so. At least I know she isn't for real angry with me. "Please Amaris! Just try this one. I know it's-" she pauses while tilting her head side to side, "revealing, but it's the only one I have that covers the most skin." Her cheeks bloom pink.

Nothing wrong with showing some skin. I don't judge her for it. I just don't want to give her pervert brother free access to my butt cheeks or possible nip slips happening in front of anybody that might be around.

I snatch the scraps of fabric from her hand with a huff. "Not that I disapprove of your tastes, I just don't think it would be very appropriate for me to wear." I murmur, hoping she pities me.

"Nonsense. It's exactly appropriate." She stands and pushes me toward her bathroom. I reluctantly go and place the bikini on the countertop.

I stare at my reflection. The shadows beneath my eyes aren't as dark as they were even just a few days ago. My sunken cheeks are filling back in and my naturally tan complexion is no longer dull.

As much as I hate it here, and as much as I miss having freedom, I am actually being taken care of rather well for a prisoner. The evidence is in the mirror.

Anna pops in and looks at me, lips pursed in question. "You going to change or..."

I eye the bikini again, working my bottom lip between my teeth furiously. There has to be a way to get out of wearing it.

Bingo! My period!

I look back at her. "I was thinking maybe I should have a different suit for sure because this is white and flawless," I start, watching her for any signs she is catching onto what I'm saying. "Anna... I bet my period is due to start. I know time as gotten a bit lost on me recently, but I had a pretty regular cycle. I'd hate to ruin your bikini." I smile and hold it out toward her.

She snorts and pushes my hands back into my chest. Seriously, what the heck? She pulls her shirt off. "You had your period while you were asleep and healing from your stab wound. You should start..." she walks back into her room topless. I take this time to accept my fate and yank my own top off and slip the bikini top on and tie the strings.

Turning around, I glance at the pink scar on my back. It's still tender and sometimes itchy, but it's closed and no scabbing is present. It's still hideous though. I quickly put my hair up in a ponytail and glare at the thong bottoms.

Anna breezes back in without a care in the world that her boobs are bouncing and swaying right in front of me. I avert my eyes and brush imaginary lint off of my leggings. "Your period should start on Monday, give or take," she shrugs and slaps a piece of torn off paper down on the counter for me to see.

Sure enough, she kept track. How thoughtful.

Horror suddenly flooded my veins in an ice cold flow. Someone took care of my feminine hygiene while I was unconscious. I never thought I'd wish for something like this, but I hope it was Anna and nobody else.