Chapter Thirteen

Luca

"Again!" I shout at Adrian.  He is proving to be a lot more difficult to train than I had ever expected but he needs to be able to defend himself.  He is our only chance at sneaking into Vlad's auctions and the Russian twat holds them frequently, so the sooner he can fight, the better.

With another loud 'oomph', Adrian's body flies toward the ground, landing on his back. He lies there without moving for a moment.  I watch as he shoves his fists into his eyes as he growls out, frustrated. He shocks me when he does a kip up and is back in a fighting stance.

He has stamina, and he can also withstand physical pain.  It's a good start but he needs more. We need more from him. He needs to inflict pain. Be on the offense instead of defense.

He needs to be able to kill.

He's too focused on my hands that he doesn't even expect it when I drop low and kick out, sweeping his feet from underneath him. Adrian sighs loudly then shouts, "I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO LEARN HOW TO SHOOT!  NOT LEARN HOW TO JUST ACCEPT YOU ASSHOLES BEATING MY ASS!"

Chuckling, I extend my hand to help him up. "You also need to learn hand-to-hand fighting skills too man." I pull him to his feet. "What if your body is your only weapon? You need to learn how to use it." I inform him.

A cocky grin spreads across his face. "I already know how to use my body. Just ask your sister!" He laughed and waggled his brows. All I could do was shake my head. Wrong thing to joke about right now. I glance over and see the storm brewing on Dominic's face.

He's going to get his ass kicked in...

Three...

Two...

And one.  Blood spurts out, spraying my arm as Adrian lands on the floor once more. Sighing, I step in between the two of them. "Stop it!"  I yell, placing a hand on Dominic's chest to keep him back. I glance at Adrian, his nose is bleeding profusely.  Great.  Hopefully it isn't broken.  He shouldn't have said that, even if it was just a joke.

Adrian wipes at his nose a few times and groans.  "It was a goddamn joke!  Man fuck all this.  I'm done!"  He snarls as he pushes himself up off of the ground. He marches from the room with both hands held high, middle fingers up waving, a good ole 'fuck you' for goodbye.

I blink.  Then I blink again.  Dominic needs to chill out. "Dominic," I hedge, "You can't just act like that because you get jealous when-"

"How would you feel if someone said that about Shelly?" He interjects, but makes a valid point.

I curse silently. "I'd do the same thing I guess... depending on who it was anyway," I mutter, exhaling a long, deep breath from my nose. While sure, I don't want someone to joke like that about my wife, but I can handle some innocent teasing by friends. I didn't take Adrian's comment as a disrespectful remark about my sister. I know they've known each other their entire lives, same as I've known him since he was a baby. But we can't risk losing him as our man in. It's all we've got to work with at the moment. "It's just- he is our only chance at sneaking in and getting her... even if he might die.." Of course I can't help but to keep reminding myself of what may happen to him, of the risks I am asking of Adrian selfishly.

Deciding this was enough for the day, I follow the little trail of blood droplets. I need to go find Adrian. If his nose is broken, he will have a tantrum over the idea of having a crooked nose. I'll snap it back in place so fast that he won't be able to fight it.

But I know him well enough. He is sensitive. He is probably rocking himself in a corner.

Crying.